Fitting a pioneer avid head unit to a facelift 203

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lancebond

Car
S203 C220 CDI
I'm just about to pick up my new s203 and am wondering if there is any problems with fitting my avic head unit, I remember having to fart on with the wiring to get it into my prefacelift w203, but have been told it's not possible to fit in the newer ones (something I'm doubtful of)

Anyone done it, any advice??

I had a Pioneer AVH-P3200BT fitted in my A190, no problem. Bought the Connect 2 double-DIN facia kit from eBay.co.uk and it went without a hitch (well, apart from three week shipping time :) Everything works perfectly, including rear view camera and radio (the original Audio30 was useless anyway, as the radio frequencies in Japan are different - lower bands). Also got rid of MB 6-CD changer in the boot - all my music is on a SD card now, including entire Beatles iTunes collection and a bunch of various other stuff :) I still use a separate Garmin satnav due to the unit position (too low), and haven't tried the bluetooth, as I'm quite happy with the my BT headset (voice controlled), but overall I'm really pleased with the 3200.

Good choice.
I fitted a f910bt to my w203.
no issues but for the extra wire needed to power the stock antenna amp.

Good choice.
I fitted a f910bt to my w203.
no issues but for the extra wire needed to power the stock antenna amp.

ThAt was it the extra wire... Where do i connect this to?? It was a while ago and I can't remember.

Well its been a while for me too. Looking at the digital info I have (drawings / leaflets carefully stored somewhere ):confused:

I believe to power antenna amp it is pin 13 on connector 2 of the stock plug, which needs a 12v supply with ignition on.

There is a 12 out from most pioneers for antenna.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom