Fitting an AMG Rear Box to a Diesel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
Anyone here fitted a AMG rear box to their diesel, regardless of model?

Do you get an improved engine note or does it just make the taxi noise louder? :D

There will be an AMG box from the C30 CDI AMG that goes onto your engine :)

They used the 270cdi as a base for that.

There will be an AMG box from the C30 CDI AMG that goes onto your engine :)

They used the 270cdi as a base for that.

Im thinking the quad set up from an CLK55... MBENZNL sells them, just wondering what it sounds like.

PM Bruce Miller Karl as he had quads fitted to his C320 estate and they look and sound awesome. The place he used has been also used by a guy in a W209 CLK55 (the guy who badged it as a 63) he had quads fitted as well with AMG tips... you wouldnt have known....

PM Bruce Miller Karl as he had quads fitted to his C320 estate and they look and sound awesome. The place he used has been also used by a guy in a W209 CLK55 (the guy who badged it as a 63) he had quads fitted as well with AMG tips... you wouldnt have known....

The guys that did mine were EMP Performance in Borehamwood.

EMP Performance | Gallery 3

Ask for Eldin and tell him you found him via me. he did have some pics of my black estate after he did it. That is full resonator back stainless quad system. He can tailor the noise by using a variety of silencers and pipes. He also does make good coffee and lets you watch and hold bits for him.

Others on here have also used him and been very happy with his work.

If you want the AMG stamped tips you may have to buy them for him. Mine are actually slightly larger but are ovals and look the dogs. They were supplied by Eldin.

Guess you'll need to fit the boot floor / spare wheel well from the CLK55 in order to fit quad pipes? IIRC Tudu had to do so on his C200 when he did this mod.

Guess you'll need to fit the boot floor / spare wheel well from the CLK55 in order to fit quad pipes? IIRC Tudu had to do so on his C200 when he did this mod.

You would have to do this if you fit the genuine AMG quad system. This is to allow for the twin huge silencers and heat shields etc.

EMP fit a 1 in 2 out silencer then run the extra pipe along the rear axle path then back to the bumper. I have a C55 and a C240 and the C240 looks as good if not better than the 55.

Wow seems insufficient

Please do post up a "How to..." when you do this. The exhaust exits are the least attractive part of my lil' ol' oil burner... Mind you the growl from the Sports pack silencer is verrry nice :)

Fitted a twin rear box from a C32 onto my CLK270cdi. No Noticeable difference in sound whatsoever. No louder, no deeper. Just had to clean it like mad every time it came to washing the car.

I will NEVER EVER fit a chrome tailpipe on any diesel again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom