Fitting an armrest on W124 230E???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

imbck666

Car
Mercedes W124 230E Saloon (SOLD), W210 E200 (WRITTEN OFF), W210 E240 2001 Facelift, W211 E220 cdi 07
Hi all!
Im new to MBforums so here goes..

I have a 1991 W124 230E saloon which has a cloth interior.
The merc currently has no arm rest and is as it came from MB, never had an arm rest for driver.
Anyway, is there anyway an armrest can be fitted if I sourced one? Do any holes need to be made ??
If someone can help out i would be very grateful :))

the brackets are there... you will need the armrest, the bolts and a little washer that has a stud on it... from memory... then you will need to cut the side of your seat open!

hmm thanks for your help.. will all the parts be there if i get one off a second hand breaking mercedes then? ive found one with the same cloth interior of my 230E...
any pics/guides to help me?

Everything will be on the donor car.

Its literally 2 bolts that hold on the armrest, have a look at the one you take off.

ok will do..
thanks =))

Hi all!
Im new to MBforums so here goes..

I have a 1991 W124 230E saloon which has a cloth interior.
The merc currently has no arm rest and is as it came from MB, never had an arm rest for driver.
Anyway, is there anyway an armrest can be fitted if I sourced one? Do any holes need to be made ??
If someone can help out i would be very grateful :))

You need all the bits from inside the seat too, the alloy bracket and spacers.

Hi

The armrest fits to the opposite seat than the one you want it for ifyou know what i mean. Dont make the mistake i made on a 190E years ago and cut the hole in the wrong seat.

so if i want it for the drivers seat, the mechanism will fit on the passengers seat...
Got you, thanks all!

so if i want it for the drivers seat, the mechanism will fit on the passengers seat...
Got you, thanks all!

Yes mechanism fits in passenger seat. What colour do you need?

its like light blue/ grey colour cloth interior...

The cloth is different on the pre-facelift cars (like yours) from the post-facelift models

Removing the seat takes just five bolts, plus SRS connector if fitted, and it might make it easier for you

Nick Froome

why do i need an srs connector?

ok, i'll take it..
pm me your payment address and i'll send a postal order ok?

Hi

Cant PM you cos you are a new member. Email me

Let me know when you have read this and i can remove address.

Last edited:
read it thanks

Emailed you...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom