Fitting carbon front splitter and carbon rear defuser on cls 55 amg

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

italian_cls55amg

Car
CLS 55 AMG
I've ordered a front splitter and rear defuser both in carbon for my cls 55 amg but need some fitting advise. I believe these items come alone with nothing to fit it to the bumper or instructions so i was wondering has anyone fitted these items to there car?
Last thing i want to do is mess it up so also considering getting it fitted professionally somewhere.
Can anyone recommend somewhere in london or on the outskirts?
Im based near Gatwick and dont mind a drive to sort it.

Thanks.

I fitted a carbon diffuser to my E55 and its not the easiest job with the bumper on and doing it single handed.

After lining it up and taping it on with masking tape to the car, I drilled 3 small holes through the underside and outside tips of the diffuser and bumper and fixed the diffuser with 3 small stainless bolts and nuts which I painted with Hammerite black to blend.
Any small gaps were filled with clear sealant (my car is Brilliant silver so didn't show)
I'm quite happy with the finished result below.

20140823_123545_zps3873e661.jpg

20140821_194332_zps84964cdc.jpg

If you don't feel confident doing it yourself, do you know a bodyshop/spray shop locally or one recommended by mates. Fitting these kits should be easy for them to do.

I fitted a carbon diffuser to my E55 and its not the easiest job with the bumper on and doing it single handed.

After lining it up and taping it on with masking tape to the car, I drilled 3 small holes through the underside and outside tips of the diffuser and bumper and fixed the diffuser with 3 small stainless bolts and nuts which I painted with Hammerite black to blend.
Any small gaps were filled with clear sealant (my car is Brilliant silver so didn't show)
I'm quite happy with the finished result below.

20140823_123545_zps3873e661.jpg

20140821_194332_zps84964cdc.jpg

If you don't feel confident doing it yourself, do you know a bodyshop/spray shop locally or one recommended by mates. Fitting these kits should be easy for them to do.

Hi mate,

Thanks for your reply. Your car looks great with that defuser on i have to say.
I guess i will have to give it a go, maybe with a mate as im not the best at diy. Unfortunately i dont know any local bodyshop close to me but i still have time to research before they arrive.
Your instructions to fitting it was quite clear so i cant see why i can give it a go. Must be the same principle for a front splitter too.

I also came across this thread yesterday which is also quite detailed into how to fit a defuser. Just hope i can follow suit lol

https://mbworld.org/forums/w219/350208-carbon-fiber-diffuser-installed-diy-instructions-inside.html

Hi,where r u guys buying carbon parts,after few different bits for mine,but obviously would like perfect fitment for the price they cost

Hi,where r u guys buying carbon parts,after few different bits for mine,but obviously would like perfect fitment for the price they cost

This company are recommended and they will ship from the USA.

RW Carbon

The products from Taiwan/China seem to be a bit hit and miss regarding fitment although many other companies source their stock from both countries to sell on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom