Fitting colorcoded doorhandles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

noogieman

MB Enthusiast
Car
I Loewe Old Skool AMG
I bought this part, the plastic cylinderlock cover with the IR sensor.
Can I buy the door handle separately?
And connect it with the IR cover?

Can I remove my doorlock cylinder from my stock black colored doorhandles and integrate it to my new colorcoded cover?
Now I need to find those BRILLIANT SILVER744 full colored door handleS

Last edited:
Yes you can buy the door handle serpartley and yes you can swap the lock barrel over however you would find it easier to remove the the plastic painted part away from the metal base and wiring with the one of your black cover. Otherwise you would have to remove your door card and cut the cable tie that stops that connector comming out to swap it completley.

Yes you can buy the door handle serpartley and yes you can swap the lock barrel over however you would find it easier to remove the the plastic painted part away from the metal base and wiring with the one of your black cover. Otherwise you would have to remove your door card and cut the cable tie that stops that connector comming out to swap it completley.

I'm sorry you lost me here:
however you would find it easier to remove the the plastic painted part away from the metal base and wiring with the one of your black cover. Otherwise you would have to remove your door card and cut the cable tie that stops that connector comming out to swap it completley.

When I remove my black door handle from drivers door, endpiece with the lock/IR comes apart from the grabhandle?

Passengers side doorhandle is fully integrated with each other.

Same thing with the rear handles endpieces comes apart.

When I take everything apart to put the new colorcoded grabhandles do I need to remove my doorcard at all?
Even if I have bought the lose cover with lockhole/IR sensor?

Better let my mechanic do the swap

+1

labour wouldn't be much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom