Fitting Dension IPod Kit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Reckoner

Car
Mercedes C270 CDI Avantgarde Estate
Has anybody fitted one of these kits before ? I got as far as removing the radio but wasn't sure how you connect the power lead to the radio wiring. Do you have to splice it in with scotch locks ? Also there wasn't a separate connector on the back of the radio for a CD changer. Do all Audio 10 CD head units have a CD changer option ?

Dension Gateway Lite D2B GWL1D2B | Mercedes iPod Car Kit

AFAIK some Audio 10 do not have the D2B fibre port. If your cd changer is not connected by D2B then it will be conencted via a 3rd plug where the ISO connections are.

Last edited:
My car doesn't have a CD changer...it only has a single CD. I think it does have the D2B fibre port though and there was a harness already connected to it. Would that be right ?

Also I don't have a record of my radio code and neither does Mercedes. Will I need to disconnect the battery before splicing in the power lead or can I do this with the radio still connected ?

I still haven't got round to fitting this ipod kit yet, but plan to this weekend. Do you think it will be safe to splice the wiring without disconnecting the battery ?

You should solder the wiring and ensure there is an inline fuse on the new wiring.

If there is something plugged in to the fibre, it wil be one of the following: -
CDC (not on your car)
Phone system
Voice recognition
BOSE sound system

Cheers

Richard

Thanks Richard. I'm a bit worried about working on the wiring without disconnecting the battery, but I don't have the radio code. Am I likely to damage anything by not disconnecting the battery ?

When you are soldering the wires
a) make sure the solder and the iron can't touch any metal or you will blow the fuse
b) Dont have the new loom plugged into the Dension
c) Solder the first, insulate it and make it safe before you do the next.
d) Dont forget to fuse the live wire as near possible to the solder joint (so there is as little wire as reasonably possible between the fuse and the thicker wire that you are soldering to)

If using a mains soldering iron remember that the metal part is connected to earth, so make sure the metal of your car isnt connected to earth somehow.. I use a gas powered one normally.

Cheers

Richard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom