Fitting electric folding mirrors

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dhilz

Car
Mercedes CLA 220D
Hi All,
Looking into fitting electric folding mirrors to our 2011 W204. The current ones are the arrow type but do not fold.

I have noticed some mirrors have a small light underneath them and others do not. Does it matter if they have the light underneath? I think it looks cool :cool:

Cheers

Cant believe a 2011 Merc came equipped without folding mirrors, thought that would be a given?

It will have folding mirrors. You need to activate it when locking via the instrument display.

Not standard on SE model.

As far as I know you need folding mirrors, switch pack and then it will need coding to tell the door control modules that you have folding mirrors.

Hi All,
Looking into fitting electric folding mirrors to our 2011 W204. The current ones are the arrow type but do not fold.

I have noticed some mirrors have a small light underneath them and others do not. Does it matter if they have the light underneath? I think it looks cool :cool:

Cheers

This is an option that can be retrofitted but you might need new door controllers aswell as the mirror mechanisms and the new switch pack.

Yes its an SE and the mirrors do not fold electronically (as far as I know). Unless as kam05 says they are activated from the display?

Understand I will need switch pack and coding. Was just wondering if the light underneath can be coded to work or if I need to avoid those mirrors. I think it probably does not matter.

you might need new door controllers

Oooerr did not think of that. Is there a way to tell if I will need them or not? Would it help if I take a pic of the controllers already in place?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom