Fitting ET52 wheels on 203 Class

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andy1221

Car
2004 Mercedes c270 CDI
Hi everyone, new member here.

i'm looking at purchasing a set of Mercedes Factory BBS wheels. They originally were an option for the 2003 M class.

Wheels specs as follows: 18x9 ET52 with 265/35/18 tyres.

I've had a look around online and compared fitment with the stock 16x7j wheels I have on the car now and from what I gathered the wheels might interfere with either the face of the callipers or the suspension strut (maybe even both?)

I've also had a look at fitment guides online for my car and they don't mention anything over ET42 8.5J which to me indicates I might run into issues with the wheels i'm looking at.

I'm happy to run some hub centric spacers as i really like these wheels if i have to, car is stock ride-height for now, I am planning on installing a set of BC Racing coilovers further down the line.

Does anybody here has any experience with a similar setup?

any constructive input is appreciated! :)

I have 19's on my car and the rears are the same width and offset. The tyre size would equate to the same size as mine, 265-30-19 and I don't have any clearance issues on the rear. However the fronts are 8" wide and and offset of ET45 with 235-35-19 tyres.
I would say if the wheels and tyres are the same size all round then you will run into clearance issues on the front, you could try this web site,

Online Wheel and Tyre Fitment Calculator. Offset, Tyre Stretch and Speedo Error | Will They Fit

It's great to check clearances, as you enter you stock wheel and tyre size in one section and your new wheel and tyre size in the second section and it will tell you the clearance differences between the two options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom