Fitting instructions for cycle carriers and roof bars Class W205 Saloon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chris116

Car
w205
Hi all,
Wonder if anyone here could help me out with obtaining a copy of the fitting instructions for the
A205 890 00 93 roof bars and roof mounted cycle carriers A000 890 02 93. I bought these in error off EBay and have now sold them on but would like to include a copy of the fitting instructions for the buyer if possible. Tried the MB accessories web page thinking there may be a download available but can’t find anything there.
Also a bit of a long shot I know but does anyone know where I might be able to obtain the rubber strip that fits into the Tee slots of the roof bars? MB say these are not available separately but I’m not sure what they’re for exactly.
Many thanks in advance
Happy and safe new year to you all

Hi all,
Wonder if anyone here could help me out with obtaining a copy of the fitting instructions for the
A205 890 00 93 roof bars and roof mounted cycle carriers A000 890 02 93. I bought these in error off EBay and have now sold them on but would like to include a copy of the fitting instructions for the buyer if possible. Tried the MB accessories web page thinking there may be a download available but can’t find anything there.
Also a bit of a long shot I know but does anyone know where I might be able to obtain the rubber strip that fits into the Tee slots of the roof bars? MB say these are not available separately but I’m not sure what they’re for exactly.
Many thanks in advance
I think they are there to reduce wind noise.

Hi all,
Many thanks in advance
The rubber strips are available from Thule - and fit pretty well. They aren't cheap though.

A couple of years ago I needed to buy some new ones and it was cheaper to buy in the US and ship to the UK.

There may be cheaper alternatives available now though. So I would search it up as the youngsters say! Here's some from Amazon - not terribly expensive (wait up - £20 for one... hmm they are expensive) and "free" delivery: Amazon - Thule rubber strips, or a pair for sub-£40: Amazon - Pair of Thule rubber strips

The rubber strips are available from Thule - and fit pretty well. They aren't cheap though.

A couple of years ago I needed to buy some new ones and it was cheaper to buy in the US and ship to the UK.

There may be cheaper alternatives available now though. So I would search it up as the youngsters say! Here's some from Amazon - not terribly expensive (wait up - £20 for one... hmm they are expensive) and "free" delivery: Amazon - Thule rubber strips, or a pair for sub-£40: Amazon - Pair of Thule rubber strips
Great stuff at least they’re available.
Many thanks

Try this LINK for the fitting instructions for the roof bars

With reference to to the rubber strip there’s an ad on EBay from a BMW dealer selling a set for BMW roof bars @ just over £5 I’m not sure if they fit but the sizes look right. I would assume the Tee slots are a standard size to fit the accessories.
Hopefully this may be of use to somebody

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom