Fitting iPod Interface to CLC

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

masher_uk

Car
C300 Coupe AMG Line Premium Selenite Grey Porcelain Leather
Hi all - 1st post! :)

Just waiting to take delivery of a new CLC and been quoted the seemingly ridiculous price of over £300 to install an iPod interface. That excludes the interface itself (B6 782 4502) at a further £230!

So I was wondering if anyone has tried doing this themselves. I have an electrical engineering background so have some competency with technical things.

If the answer's "leave well alone" then that's fine. I'd just feel a right muppet if it's little more than 'plug & play'...

Any recommendations or alternatives appreciated.

Cheers

Mash
(PS car has the factory telephone pre-wiring option - 386)

I think it will be plug and play. Ask Alfie.

Welcome too.

It will be radio out, and parts of dash out for over 3 hours labour.
Some models are relatively straightforward some are more tricky.

fitted mine in 35 mins, need to recode ICM, as above, stright forward!!

Thanks for the fast replies everyone.

Colechelle - what's 'ICM'?

Excuse the silly question ... but why didn't you order it with iPod interface? Always cheaper than retrofit!

Hi all - 1st post! :)

Just waiting to take delivery of a new CLC and been quoted the seemingly ridiculous price of over £300 to install an iPod interface. That excludes the interface itself (B6 782 4502) at a further £230!

So I was wondering if anyone has tried doing this themselves. I have an electrical engineering background so have some competency with technical things.

If the answer's "leave well alone" then that's fine. I'd just feel a right muppet if it's little more than 'plug & play'...

Any recommendations or alternatives appreciated.

Cheers

Mash
(PS car has the factory telephone pre-wiring option - 386)

About 45 minutes and £349 fitted inc the kit itself inc VAT, if you come to Woking.

Excuse the silly question ... but why didn't you order it with iPod interface? Always cheaper than retrofit!

Doesn't appear as an option in the brochure. Only discovered its existance in the accessories booklet... :(

About 45 minutes and £349 fitted inc the kit itself inc VAT, if you come to Woking.

Alfie - I might well take you up on that! The car's still several weeks away, so I'll PM you then.

Cheers

mash

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom