Fitting (just fitting) 4 new 17" tyres - quotes even above £100? New business Opp?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Trouble is times have changed.

Where the buying power of large fast fit centres used to mean that they offered the best prices that isn’t always the case now thanks to the internet. Prices fluctuate daily and with the current trend in promotions you can pick up some good deals if you shop around.

Pre-brexit :D with the strong ROE £ against the €, European brands such as Michelin and Continental ordered directly to the UK were excellent value at circa 1.4 euros to the pound or whatever it was 2/3 years back.

Personally I find tyre dealers have little interest on what tyres you end up with, they just want your cash and out the door ASAP.

You’re more likely to get whatever fits that’s on the shelf or that they can get a good deal on rather than the best available option for your needs.

I much prefer the stress free option of choosing what tyres I want, getting a decent deal on said tyres then arranging to have them fitted when convenient eg during wheel refurb or locally as appropriate.

With sets of tyres on many cars in the region of £500-700+ it’s worth shopping around, often prices can vary by a couple of hundred quid or more compared to local places which is no small beer :)

eBay often do 10/15% off promotions which can work out pretty handy for buying tyres online from companies like black circles or mytyres etc who are often pretty competitive to begin with :thumb:

Exactly Will, my wife just got a punture which could not be repaired on her new car, dealer to supply and fit was £240, I supplied and they fitted all in was £158. one tyre, thats worth shopping about in my opinion.

We have been getting our tyres from oponeo and they have all been coming in from Europe and the service has been first class.

Managed to fit tyres okay onto painted alloys using bar for alloy wheels without damage, but maybe diamond cut would be damaged...
I agree about balancing, my local tyre co. charged £20 for 4 wheels.
I suppose it depends on whether you like doing this sort of thing yourself...I do

I do enjoy a bit of motoring DIY myself but if I need to take the wheels off again just to get them balanced I might as well let the tyre shop do it all at once. Taking the tyres off manually sounds like a DIY for the sake of DIY.

'IF' set alight ? It's a tradition over there...Google it. It can get VERY out of control, and not just the fires.
Ah... alright.

No idea how it's permitted though... few things release more toxins than burning tyres... which will smoulder with thick black smoke for days if not weeks. Oh well.

Even though Dunlop was a Scotsman he spent most of his life in Ireland and is buried near Dublin.

Maybe that is why the lad's in the North like to burn tyres !? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom