Fitting Kenwood Headunit into 1999 W208 CLK

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian D

Car
CLK 200 Avantgarde
Why is the above proving so difficult ???

I replaced the original Audio 10 with a Blaupunkt a few years ago. It was a straight swap, same connectors. Done in 5 mins.

Have now bought a Kenwood DAB headunit. Have plugged the existing ISO connectors into the Kenwood loom. There's a whirring sound from the CD but the panel won't switch on or light up.:fail

Done some digging and I need a wiring harness adaptor. Where can I get one ??? Any ideas ? No one seems to sell one.
Found this at Halfords....

https://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs...PC2-75-4&dialogType=AJAX&width=830&height=440

Any idea if it will work ? No websites seem to sell an adaptor for a 1999 CLK.

Can't believe this is proving so difficult !
Help !!!!
IAN

If the car has iso connectors in it there should be no need for an adapter lead. As the leads you say already plug in.

I would make sure the live,ignition live and earth are going to the correct wire on the kenwood loom.

Hi Andy...thanks for the reply. I've checked the leads and the wires don't line up when connecting directly to the Kenwood loom.
I've tried swapping over the red and yellow cables as suggested in the instructions but to no avail.

Can't believe I'll have to pay someone to install a simple headunit !

If the wires dont match up all it would be a case of is removing the wires from the block and putting them into the right holes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom