Fitting new Turbo to 2002 W210 E220 - HELP!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianwscott

Hi, This is my first post.

Can anyone advise how I can prime a new turbo unit that I am fitting to my old E220 please. It is a diesel automatic and so I am stumped as to how to turn the engine over without it catching.

Thanks.

I presume that you are talking about priming it with oil to prevent dry running ? Would be surprised if the turbo would spin up when the engine was initially started anyway, but if it is a concern the easy way would be to drain some of the diesel from the fuel filter which will then require a bit of cranking before the engine catches. You can remove the diesel after taking the top off of the filter with one of those basting thingys that the wife uses on the xmas turkey ....... just make sure that it is clean!
Good luck.

Thanks Tinkerer, can you tell me where the diesel fuel filter is located please. Sorry for the basic question but I am new to diesels in general and this one in particular.

Mine (w210 2001 vintage) is under the engine cover on the nearside, it is a joy to undo as not obvious, undo the large castellated ring being very careful of the plastic diesel lines (which can and will break easily) . I use a fabric oil filter tool which I still have to be careful with.

Just disconnect all the injector electrical plugs. She won't start then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom