Fitting NextBase camera

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zena123

Car
C220 d Sport Saloon
Good morning all, How much would you expect to pay for hardwiring a Nextbase dashcam (front only) ... just been quoted "2 hours work", at £85 p.h. + VAT by an indie. I have all the necessary components. (I realise H...ds will charge only £50, but last time they fitted to wrong fuse & it took 3 weeks & a totally new camera & new other parts before realisation dawned ! Also, avoiding setting off airbags may be an issue in increasing the cost.). Any suggestions of garages also welcome - ... am based in North London. Tx, Zena

I need to put my tin hat on for this one but dare I say the word ....Halfords charged me £20 a couple of years ago for hard wiring my nextbase camera. Watched him do it and he appeared to do a decent job as I haven’t had any problems with it. It was on a VW Golf though. Not sure I would trust them on a Merc. Having said that some of my experiences with MB servicing I wouldn’t entirely trust them either.

I hardwired my dashcam myself, followed a YouTube video and bought a hardwiring kit. Pretty straight forward and definitely didn't take anywhere near 2 hours.

Halfords charge £30 for front or £50 for front and rear if purchased from them, done a friends car recently with no problems.

Halfords fitted one to wife's car no problems, I suppose it just depends the fitter at the time. I don't see why a Mercedes is any different from any other car.

Comand Online in Lightwater supply and fit the smallest Nextbase front camera for £99
Almost got one myself when I was in the shop on Wednesday.
Catalog

+1 for Comandonline at Lightwater (near J3 M3). They fitted a Nextbase I already had to my new car last year for £75 because I didn’t trust Halfords and didn’t want to start pulling my new car apart myself!

I did my own in my 2015 S Class, I was lucky as the little side panel on the end of the dashboard to the right of the steering wheel pops off and there is a fuse box in there with spare ways !
I Just tested which were switched live and then ( due to the type of unobtainable fuse/ connector ) I crimped a spade terminal on an in line fuse and then connected the dash cam live to that. The earthing wire had a ring crimped on and that was fitted behind a convenient bolt in the same area. I tucked the wire behind the door rubber seal up the A pillar and then up behind the roof lining by the windscreen to where the camera is fitted by the rear view mirror.
It probably took me half an hour.

If you still don't fancy doing it then I can also recommend Comand at Lightwater as they fitted a genuine Mercedes rear view camera to my 2008 GL and linked it into the Comand unit in the dash, very pleased with their work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom