fitting own door mirror cover

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dean Fletcher

Car
Mercedes E250 CDI Coupe
Hi,

I'm the most useless person when it come to cars.
I have a e class coupe and need to replace the door mirror cover. The actual mirror is fine.
Does anyone have any tips for do it yourself fitting.
I imagine there's a few clips and abit of force needed.

Many thanks

Have a look on u-tube put in how to fit ect ect and you might be lucky and someone has put a guide on how it's done? Worth a try if you got nowt else to go off

First, find someone less useless when it comes to cars :) I only say this because the process is fiddly and if you break the mirror glass or the wiring in the mirror or even the clips for the bottom cover you will be well out of pocket. Especially if it is a dimming mirror glass.

Then, remove the mirror glass, this essential pulls off from the top edge, but don't pull too hard as you'll then rip the wires of the back of the mirror glass and you don't want to do that.

Disconnect the wiring to mirror glass and put glass somewhere safe.

Compare new cover to old cover and its obvious where the clips are. Its fiddly to hold all clips open as you pull the old cover upwards. Likelihood is you'll break some of the clips but as they are part of the mirror cover which I assume you are going to throw away isn't a real problem, and in fact you may make your life easier by actively breaking the clips before you remove the old mirror cover.

New mirror cover slides back into place and clips in. A gentle tap with your palm may be needed to get all the clips to clip into place.

Make sure all the covers are nicely aligned (compare gaps with other side).

Plug glass back in and push back onto the mount (it will click into place)

R

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20160326_185408.jpg
    ForumRunner_20160326_185408.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom