Fitting Parrot Hands Free with Audio 10

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LocheeLad

Car
CLK 230 Kompressor Coupe
Having a little trouble with fitting a Parrot Hands Free system in my W208 CLK Coupe and hoping someone can offer some advice...

Firstly I haven't yet bought the Parrot hands free unit so I'm open to opinion on what unit I should go for:dk:

Secondly I've been looking at Parrot's website and they have a "Configuration" page here...
Parrot - Installation diagrams for installed Bluetooth hands free car kits

however the last option is a selection between "with active sound system" and "without active sound system"...anybody have any ideas what they are on about???:dk:

Any advice on other alternative hands free systems would be warmly welcomed :)

I have a parrot in my 208 and I'm guessing that 'active' sound system means Bose which has a fibre connect to the amp.
My setup has a separate speaker for the parrot system as I believe that it cannot be integrated directly into the head unit.

I have bose and the parrot ck3100 in my w208, and it works fine, straight plug in, you do though need to tap a switched feed, i did it from the cigar lighter, so that it powers with the ignition.

In my opinion, the Bury CC9060 is far superior to any Parrot.

Russ

Totally agreed I junked the parrot in my Volvo completely useless piece of kit IMHO, fitted Bury 9060 never had a problem brilliant :thumb: Would never buy another Parrot again

I sort of now where Flanaia is coming from on the parrot front, in my experience, it really depends what phone you pair it with, it worked really well with my blackberry, and previous nokia, with current HTC it has some gremlins, that i have to work around. E.g. It resets itself if i receive a call whilst on another call. And sometimes the address book does not work. Have not tried it with an iphone yet.

I sort of now where Flanaia is coming from on the parrot front, in my experience, it really depends what phone you pair it with, it worked really well with my blackberry, and previous nokia, with current HTC it has some gremlins, that i have to work around. E.g. It resets itself if i receive a call whilst on another call. And sometimes the address book does not work. Have not tried it with an iphone yet.
Mine was on a Blacberry and a Samsung never really worked with either, the Bury is hooked up to my Blackberry and HTC Wildfire S and had not issues since the day I fitted it all functionality works perfect :thumb:

Got Parrot 3100 in the CLK and Jag and both work fine with Samsungs and Noia

I had a Parrot 3200 in the Renault (difference from 3100 is a GPS receiver as the phone gps struggled with solar glass). Worked well.

Tried a Bury CC9060 in the Saab but never really got on with it. It seemed to struggle with background noise.

I've reverted to a decent Visor mounted unit, as I can't make up my mind where to go next...

Thanks for all the useful response :)

So it appears the "active system" relates to the Bose intallation...which as far as I know my car doesn't have...I think it's just the standard Audio 10 set up in my car...still it does sound good and don't think I'd swap it out for anything other than OEM ICE.

I will look at the Bury before deciding which unit to go for...thanks again for all the info and feedback :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom