Fittings Xenon Headlights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

akumar

Anyone now of any one deent to get soem Xenon headlights bulbs fitted to a 2008 C220CDI Saloon. Most of these vehicles second hand dont come with Bi-xenons and i want to get them fitted after. Any thoughts?

AK:)

As with most vehicles, your best bet is to look into replacing the headlamp units with factory HID items, optionally fitting headlamp wash and levelling where possible to comply with most regulations.

A second and likely cheaper option is to buy a well-made HID retrofit kit which contains HID capsules that replace and mimic the shape of the standard bulbs usually fitted to the dipped-beam function of the headlamps. While not strictly speaking "approved" this should provide excellent light output while not damaging any components nor blinding oncoming vehicles. You probably won't get bi-xenons using this route but IMHO bi-xenons aren't *that* much more useful than regular xenons; I can't remember the last time I used the full-beam function of my headlamps!

Regarding bi-xenons, left dipping, assymetric as fitted to our E320CDi.
Anyone got advice on conversion or whatever for right-dipping use in France + Germany later this year?

Regarding bi-xenons, left dipping, assymetric as fitted to our E320CDi.
Anyone got advice on conversion or whatever for right-dipping use in France + Germany later this year?

Should be alittle lever just inside the light units, can be fiddly to get to. Would suggest popping into your dealer, 5min job, done..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom