Five years ago today...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.
(And I still never know whether to 'like' or 'thank' a post!)

I usually 'like' a post if I like what the poster is saying or what they have posted (like a picture of a car).

Usually use thank if they posted up something funny, an interesting video clip or helped out with something...

Obviously there can be overlap but just my take on it.

(And I still never know whether to 'like' or 'thank' a post!)
Where is the 'like' button? On Android app I see only 'thank' one and am always missing this 'like' as some posts really deserve it.

1 martyz
2 Howard
3 A 111R
4 Ted
5 Renault12ts
6 MercedesDriver
7 NDFR
8 camerafodder
9 Bellow

To think that all bar 6 months of my membership here has been blighted by the various incarnations of Sweatpee and co. It's like having a a cross between Russell Harty, Thora Hird and Nora Batty talking about brakes.

Thank heavens for the West of the Pennine crowd!

Last edited:
I'm still a mere beginner when it comes to time, and an absolute novice in terms of posts, but I'm glad that the only forum I've ever joined is this one.

Thanks to you all for your great technical information (albeit, thankfully as yet I've had no issues with my Mercedes that's necessitated it's use!) as well as the funny, thought provoking, annoying, heartening (etc. etc.) posts elsewhere!

1 martyz
2 Howard
3 A 111R
4 Ted
5 Renault12ts
6 MercedesDriver
7 NDFR
8 camerafodder
9 Bellow
10 steve320

del320 said:
...of course, you could all help out at mercedesworld - which appears to have died the death...

^ Quality :0)

1 martyz
2 Howard
3 A 111R
4 Ted
5 Renault12ts
6 MercedesDriver
7 NDFR
8 camerafodder
9 Bellow
10 steve320
11 Kianok

I'll be happy to support the majority vote.

Only another 54,358 affirmatives to go :thumb:.

Last edited:
Got to be snide eh John ?

DM was amongst the most helpful of posters on here , he was on the forum helping people long before you even discovered it ;)

When the forum was all about fixing things rather than bolting on shiny bits and shouting ' look at me ! '

You were a big contributor towards hounding him out.

When you've got as much technical knowledge as DM , then let me know.

Got to be snide eh John ?

DM was amongst the most helpful of posters on here , he was on the forum helping people long before you even discovered it ;)

When the forum was all about fixing things rather than bolting on shiny bits and shouting ' look at me ! '

You were a big contributor towards hounding him out.

When you've got as much technical knowledge as DM , then let me know.

I won't rise H, not even to the unpleasant comments above - simply because you're wrong.

I made a conscious decision to ignore anything unpleasant DM wrote a long time before he got himself banned.

I won't add anything else, because you have a set view, so there's no point.

HTH :thumb:.

Last edited:
I won't rise H, not even to the unpleasant comments above - simply because you're wrong.

I made a conscious decision to ignore anything unpleasant DM wrote a long time before he got himself banned.

I won't add anything else, because you have a set view, so there's no point.

HTH :thumb:.

DM was far from perfect and certainly earned a few of his suspensions. However his knowledge and willingness to engage and answer questions was surely a benefit to the forum?

He was banned for a tasteless joke, one funnily enough that I received by text message from a good friend a few days later. We are still friends.

Sometimes in life the bigger person is the one who doesn't have to but reaches out anyway.

This community would be better for having DM in it.

My tuppence worth.

1 martyz
2 Howard
3 A 111R
4 Ted
5 Renault12ts
6 MercedesDriver
7 NDFR
8 camerafodder
9 Bellow
10 steve320
11 Kianok
12 Dog68

I'm surprised at the number of members harbouring under the misapprehension that forums are a democracy.

While he was no doubt a very useful source of information and contributor of expertise, he also overstepped the mark repeatedly, and had done for the best part of a decade. The latter is not outweighed by the former. Ironically, in person I always found him to be erudite and engaging; sadly this was not maintained in the presence of a keyboard.

But would he re-join even if it were an option? I mean, to have to start the post count at zero again….:devil:

Seriously though, making no judgements on why he was banned, I miss his knowledge (from which I possibly learn something about the marque) but do not miss his 'way'.

1 martyz
2 Howard
3 A 111R
4 Ted
5 Renault12ts
6 MercedesDriver
7 NDFR
8 camerafodder
9 Bellow
10 steve320
11 Kianok
12 Dog68
13 Nero

No longer a MB owner, so not such a frequent visitor to the forum now. IMO this place was more entertaining with DM around. Sure, some of his comments were sharp, either you're adult enough to deal with it accordingly or you're not. Clearly some weren't.

1 martyz
2 Howard
3 A 111R
4 Ted
5 Renault12ts
6 MercedesDriver
7 NDFR
8 camerafodder
9 Bellow
10 steve320
11 Kianok
12 Dog68
13 Nero
14 S500colin

DM was at Jay's GTG and several members had a great catch up with him although at times he is far from perfect his knowledge and banter are greatly missed on this forum.
He has now served a lengthy ban, personally he has taken his punishment so lets get him back on board and move on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom