Fixed or Viseeo Bluetooth cradle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Charles.Y

My E350 comes with phone pre-wire and I would like to use my Sony w810i with it. I don't that Bluetooth is the way to go but at £200 for a Viseeo. I can get a brand new genuine crandle for my w81i0 for £50 from MB dealer.

Also, the most important question is which one (fixed or bluetooth) gives better reception, features and sound quality. I realise that Viseeo uses the phone's aeriel while the fixed cradle uses the roof aerial and also it recharges the phone once slotted-in.

How about features in COMAND - or there are no differences between fixed and Bluetooth?

Please advice.

Hi - I have a Blackberry and purchased the ViseeO unit when I bought my C55. Trouble is I also have an iPhone and I'm bound to get a new BB handset at some point this year so the ViseeO unit gives me the flexibility of being able to change my handset without having to change the bluetooth device in the car.

As far as performance is concerned, I have had no problems. I have dialled into transatlantic conference calls, made mobile to mobile/landline/VOIP calls and the sound quality is excellent in all cases. Once you get over the initial set up it's dead easy. I think it's a great piece of kit.

The only downside is that I have to have a separate charger for the phone if for any (unlikely) reason I run out of phone battery. So far it hasn't happened.

Hope that's of use!

My decision (to spend £50 or £200) is that its my wife's car and she doesn't make/answer calls when she is driving. I only drive her car in the weekend occassionally and the cradle is more a gadget of playing with the COMAND etc.

Maybe I may wait for the Viseeo price to come down which I think it should. I can now get the fixed one for £50 and then sell it back on ebay later (when I later get a cheaper Viseeo) and may get the whole sum back. I know it is £150 difference but every penny counts in this economic weather right.

Can you download phonebooks into COMAND on a fixed cradle?

Phonebook download is dependant on the phone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom