Fixed Penalty, could not produce, 12 months later am I in the clear?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JC180

Car
2010 Mecedes Benz C250 CGI Sport Auto Estate
As the heading, was pulled over on the motorway mid October last year, was issued with a fixed penalty notice. I paid the fine and went to produce but could not find my photocard (I had the paper bit). They marked it as if I had not produced and said I will be issued with a court summons.

More than 12 months later I have had my fine refunded but heard nothing.

Am I in the clear? I heard that they have a 12 month deadline within which to summons me, is that correct?

I have looked around online but only found info relating to NIP's.

Thanks

Jacob

You're fine... They'd check with the DVLA if you had a current valid licence and assuming you did, that would be the end of it.

Thanks Spike,

I still do not have three points or paid a fine though.

Why would they not want to endorse my licence?

im sure in scottish law (for speeding) if your not taken to court within 6 months then its time banned

Thanks Spike,

I still do not have three points or paid a fine though.

Why would they not want to endorse my licence?

I think you should send the licence in with your fine - presumeably you didn't so that's why they sent the fine back to you.
You then should have been summonsed for the speeeding, but that has to be done with 6mths.

this is a new legal loophole. just tell them you have lost your photocard next time.

Last edited:
If they have made no attempt to contact you within 12 months of the offence then yes, they are out of time.

What was the offence btw?

Ohh sorry mate, i just thought that it could be used as an excuse to get fines refunded.
anyway i just avoid them in the first place

Or just get a Polish / Hungarian / Bulgarian or any eastern bloc driving licence......plus some foreign plates and away you go...........

If they have made no attempt to contact you within 12 months of the offence then yes, they are out of time.

What was the offence btw?

www.pepipoo.com has loads of infor on this.

6 months is the time limit but there is always the possibility a clerical error was made and you have been convicted in absentia.

I phoned the Fixed penalty office at the local court and they even checked with the DVLA and I have a clean licence.

Was speeding on the motorway, 90mph!

Stupid thing is, if I had all the docs, I would now have 3 pts and a £60 fine.

As technically I didn't produce, I get away scot free. Utter madness but I'm not complaining.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom