"Fixed Price Repair" for brakes. Dealer honours website price.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andyjenkins

Car
S204 C250 Sport
Yesterday I popped into my MK MB dealership after my C250 BE kindly advised me that the MD of the dealership needed to go on holiday and needed my cash, sorry, I meant to say that my brakes needed checking.

Car has done 28k miles from new, and dealer advised that it needed new front pads and discs. OK - maybe I'm a slightly enthusiastic driver, but thats not the point of this message.

Dealer quoted me £388 and some pennies. On checking, I notice the MB website has states that for all C Class, front discs and pads costs a firm, and exact £300.

Popped an email off MB, and they called the dealer that same day. Result ? A refund of £88 and some pennies. I was told that the dealer "didn't think that the Sport applied to the offer". Do MB fit other (perhaps non vented) discs to non Sport variants of the C Class ?

So - if your having brakes done at a dealer and been charged anything other than what the MB website says - make a point to question it.

Andy

28k is pretty heavy wear rate for the discs. My fronts lasted 50k ish rears on originals at 89k.

Agree seems premature. Thought the car would warn you if the brakes are low.....

I did 190k miles on the same disks on my w124ce.

Granted it was a manual box but still....

I got 25k out of mine.

I guess a lot depends where the mileage was racked up. Start-stop crawling in city traffic, slowing down for speed bumps, or on Motorway?

So I don't think such variations are unreasonable.

My 2006 C180K in Classic has vented discs, so being entry level model i assume that all C-Class of this era have ventilated disks. However I noticed that some are cross-drilled, which mine aren't.

Said that... I think it's simply a clear case of 'have-a-go' garage practices....

As everyone else has said you did well...not. You were ripped off and made to feel good by getting £88 of the £388 they owe you back.

You were ripped off

How can you possibly suggest this? Did you see the discs? Your saying its IMPOSSIBLE for someone to burn through discs in 28k? On a previous car, I've burned through tyres in less than 10k miles - never having been on a track.

I didnt buy a Mercedes for value for money; I don't think anyone does.

Everyone drives different. I quite often drive like I stole it. :bannana:

How can you possibly suggest this? Did you see the discs? Your saying its IMPOSSIBLE for someone to burn through discs in 28k? On a previous car, I've burned through tyres in less than 10k miles - never having been on a track.

I didnt buy a Mercedes for value for money; I don't think anyone does.

Everyone drives different. I quite often drive like I stole it. :bannana:

You are right, I didn't see the discs. Did you?

Brakes

Hi
Ok I only have an A class,but I recently had that job done in Kwik-fit, £183 and pads replaced free in future.

On the flipside, my local MB dealer has a fixed price for brake fluid changes. This price is obviously based on the majority of the range, as one would expect.

However, they will honour the price for SBC-equipped cars, despite "technically" making a loss each time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom