Fixing c43 Rubber Arches

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Laters

Car
Honda CR-V
Does anyone know what type of tape is used to stick the rubber arches onto the bodywork?
Is it the thin type of tape (like strong double sided selotape) or the foam/gel type of tape?

I have my set of arches and am going to stick them on.

I have some VHB (very high bond) gel type tape already but want them to be fitted properly so if I need some thinner tape to stick them on I will get some.

Have you considered Tigerseal or Silkaflex?

I cosidered it and have used it several times on my kit car and other things.
But with the arches having traces of tape I guessed thats how they were orginally held on.

Tape will not work. Use a glue intead.

The arches I got are used and they have been fastened on with some sort of tape at some point.
There are traces of it remaining. I am unsure if they were removed from a genuine amg or not so could have already been refitted once.

With the price of the arches (even used) I dont want to risk them coming off.

I used Gorilla Glue on mine. They ain't going aywhere!

Years ago I bought some 'trim tape' from Halfords, black in colour. was around a tenner.

So far I have used it so many things, including my DTM side badges and my roof GPS ariel, very very strong.

Last edited:
Hi

I had these on my C Class and when one of them became loose i refastened it with the double sided tape from a number plate cut in strips to suit.

Hope this helps

as ucr 3M refix tape its double sided and clear in colour and providing you clean both surfaces with panel wipe or acetone it will stick like **** to a blanket

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom