Fixing Fuel Filler Cover Misalignment W222

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gcrhill

Car
S350 BlueTech AMGLine (Executive)
Hi I have just joined the forum as a recent convert to the S Class. I will try to make a contribution as I learn about the car. When I washed the car for the first time I noticed that the fuel filler cover wasn't aligned correctly. It wasn't clear that there was any adjustment possible. I came across this article in another forum which helped me and may help you too. I cut a small piece of rubber from a grommet I had in the odd-job biscuit tin and drilled a hole slightly smaller than the existing seating lug so that it would sit over the top of it nice and tight. It worked a treat and cost nothing. Nice starter fix for anyone with OCD......

https://mbworld.org/forums/attachme...misaligned-fuel-filler-door-059886-repair.pdf

Interesting, I have fault 2.
That filler lid has always bugged me!

That document is part of an old TIPS document. They say the problem is the filler flap arm that is made of some hygroscopic material. Never heard the word but the part changes shape to some extent depending of humidity.

I had the issue fixed during warranty (some time 2015 likely). The workshop obviously had no clue and I had to show the TIPS documents. Probably not perfect still but OK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom