Fixing Scuffed Bumper on SWMBO's car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

joecash

Car
S320 CDI
Wife has had her rear bumper scuffed in a car park.
as usual perp was nowhere to be found!!
luckily it's plastic or whatever they are made of these days.
it appears to be just paint scuffing in the main with a little filling to be done
just wondered what procedures forum members suggest i follow to effect a DIY repair.
Thanks in advance
Joe

A repaint to match by chipsaway or another company should be around £60 - £80 if you are going to do it yourself get a paint match from a decent colour match company, and buy the best quality lacquer they sell you wont regret it, they will tell you what paper to sand with etc but i think the stuff will cost you around £35, good luck you can look up how to do it on youtube.

A repaint to match by chipsaway or another company should be around £60 - £80 if you are going to do it yourself get a paint match from a decent colour match company, and buy the best quality lacquer they sell you wont regret it, they will tell you what paper to sand with etc but i think the stuff will cost you around £35, good luck you can look up how to do it on youtube.

Interesting. I wasn't aware that chipsaway and there like did that sort of repair.

I too have a brace of scuffed bumpers :D

Interesting. I wasn't aware that chipsaway and there like did that sort of repair.

I too have a brace of scuffed bumpers :D

Yep, 'smart' repairs are commonly done on bumpers and done well are very good

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom