Flamborough Head meet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

23 Romeo Tango

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
X253 GLC 250 || Aufrecht, Melcher, and Großaspach
This wasn't a meet organised by MBClub, but I thought it was only right to share some pictures with like minded Petrol Heads.

Spirited drive from Elvington Air Museum (near York) to Flamborough Head, starting at 07:30 to avoid most traffic.

Click here to see the route we took

Some photos at the meet point and half way stop off.

1Nzn0k9h.jpg

YYArxRwh.jpg

GCV3YVRh.jpg

JOp8Icxh.jpg

What a noise this Gallardo made, amazing.

r9Vbd68h.jpg

pvW2gBIh.jpg

vCuYIqph.jpg

UpFJLOEh.jpg

👇 Some of you may now be able to guess who the organiser of this event was.👇

iQ2KLbih.jpg

Looks like you had a great day out there pal, I love Flamborough and Bridlington, especially that area around the lighthouse.

There’s usually a classic/rare car show on at Sewerby in July that I take my boys to, that’s a great day out too.

Looks like you had a great day out there pal, I love Flamborough and Bridlington, especially that area around the lighthouse.

There’s usually a classic/rare car show on at Sewerby in July that I take my boys to, that’s a great day out too.
It was a great day. A perfect way to blow those cobwebs out from the lockdown.

Do you have any info on that car show, I've had a quick look but I can only see the Yorkshire Supercar show on 13th September.

Some very nice cars, thanks
No problem, Sarah. They were too nice to keep to myself and we all know everyone on a car forum loves a good picture.

It was a great day. A perfect way to blow those cobwebs out from the lockdown.

Do you have any info on that car show, I've had a quick look but I can only see the Yorkshire Supercar show on 13th September.
Some previous ones:

Looks like there’s one around end of June and one at the end of August, both of which I’m assuming have been cancelled this year.

A very nice mix of cars!
It was Neil and a very nice mixture of exhaust notes too.
We were also supposed to be joined by a C63s and an SL63, but neither of them turned up, leaving me to fly the 3 pointed star flag myself.

Looks like you had a good day Richy, some very nice cars there, I don’t know of any that sound as good as an E63 though, I’m sure you were able to uphold the Mercedes reputation 😎 👍

Paul, as you know the Lambo/Audi V10's have an very impressive sound to them, I don't think any V8's would be winning votes going up against them.
To be honest, at some stage throughout the day I did comment to Luke (co-pilot Son) that my car sounded inferior to most of the others around me as we pulled out of each junction.
I know some of them have had 'work done' and I know hearing any car/exhaust from the outside is different to that from inside the cabin, I guess I need to experience the sound of my car from the outside.

Sound isn't everything .............................................. but it helps and one of the main reasons there is an AMG in my Stable Barn.

Torque Flow 🤔

Paul, as you know the Lambo/Audi V10's have an very impressive sound to them, I don't think any V8's would be winning votes going up against them.
To be honest, at some stage throughout the day I did comment to Luke (co-pilot Son) that my car sounded inferior to most of the others around me as we pulled out of each junction.
I know some of them have had 'work done' and I know hearing any car/exhaust from the outside is different to that from inside the cabin, I guess I need to experience the sound of my car from the outside.

Sound isn't everything .............................................. but it helps and one of the main reasons there is an AMG in my Stable Barn.

Torque Flow 🤔
A few years ago - when I had my XFR (which was quite loud & sounded stunning) - a good friend of mine visited in his new Huracan and I gladly accepted the offer to drive it; obviously it was glorious and fast but once I got back into the XFR it felt like I was getting into a very mute and very slow car which was deflating to say the least!

I suppose the moral of the story comes down to not just the exhaust note but where the engine actually is located too and the danger is, by chasing “super car” sounds, we just end up going louder which sort of defeats the object imo!

I know what you mean Richy, although I find that they always seem to be driving around in too lower gear saying look at me, I do like a bit of noise at the right time, not all the time, and prefer a refined growl to raucous noise, and so does my neighbour when I come home at 3-4 in the morning 😁

Both of the comments above make sense.👆
Never before have I thought my car might not sound the 'Business', I have no doubt it was due to the company I was in.

I didn't buy a Super Car, I bought very fast Saloon car and it sounds the way it should for the car it is. Lets face it Mercedes/AMG don't throw these cars together in a weekend without any R&D.

I can't remember where I read it but I love how someone once described an E63 (it could have also been other AMG's).
'You can take it to the track in the morning and then to a Cocktail lounge in the evening' (I think that was it).

It's an all round great daily driver and doesn't need to sound like a Jet taking off.

That's it, I've cancelled that visit to Torque Flow. Thanks guys.

What about a dump valve and some dubious music 🤔 😂😂

What about a dump valve and some dubious music 🤔 😂😂
Now, now, shame on you Paul, I was never talking Halfrauds. :eek: 🤪
I had a slight moment, but now I'm back on track. Two and a half years and apart from the black grille and couple of tweeters from China, it's still as it left the factory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom