Flap for reversing camera C200 2016

Discussion in 'Parts, Maintenance & Servicing' started by oscarmc, Jun 3, 2018.

1. oscarmc

oscarmc New Member

Car:
    C200
    Reversed slightly too far and now flap will not close is it possible to just replace the flap?

2. zipdip

zipdip Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    s320
    Welcome I have no idea if you can just buy a flap knowing MB I would suggest no,you reversed with the camera on and with reversing sensors operating and managed to hit the camera,didn't you hit the bumper first,I think you are the first person to ever pose this question on here,that takes some doing,I am sure a fellow C 200 owner will maybe help.

3. OP
    OP
    oscarmc

oscarmc New Member

Car:
    C200
    Bumper ok. Flap must have hit something protruding out. Camera works fine I can prop flap up but any movement it opens out again.

4. Codger49

Codger49 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W209 CLK500, CLK280; W168 A190; E46 325i
    These are the rear lid and rear bumper parts pics and lists for a 205 042 (W205 C200).

Can't readily identify a flap over the camera, unless it is item 310 bracket in 075 30 pic.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
  5. richard

richard Authorised Forum Sponsor Authorised Forum Sponsor

Car:
    MY04 SL55, MY17 GLC250d AMG Sport
    If you have a Saloon/Estate, you replace the boot handle and move the camera into the new one
    If you have a Coupe you replace the whole flap mechanism, and you've probably damage the body coloured star so do that too.
    Last Coupe we did you have to use Star Diagnosis to set it back up again. I don't think you need to on the Saloon/Estate

R

6. OP
    OP
    oscarmc

oscarmc New Member

Car:
    C200

Thanks for your help, have booked car into garage (probably expensive!!) But has to be fixed.