Flashed at 40MPH in a 40MPH zone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
....which I could not do as I was alongside a couple of lorries at the front, again backed up with the camera van evidence....

3) Accelerate out of Danger....

You were extremely lucky that you had the video footage to prove your case.

9 out of 10 drivers using the 'Accelerate out of danger' clause would not be believed.

You were extremely lucky that you had the video footage to prove your case.

9 out of 10 drivers using the 'Accelerate out of danger' clause would not be believed.

If the camera wouldn't have been there, no one would have known how fast he was going....

If the camera wouldn't have been there, no one would have known how fast he was going....

Indeed. A good point.

And since this event, I now have a forward / rear facing video system in the car as well. Video now is such a powerful form of evidence and with the crazy roads we have today (and idiots in pushchairs that key cars!!) that even with fixed cameras I am not taking any chances (as they don't record video).

:D

I meant to say is that a photo (stills) camera might have captured the car and the speed it was travelling, but you need the video footage to show the full picture.

And if the tree had fallen down in the forest with no one there then no one would have heard a sound !

Well nothing has come of this and it's been way over 14 days. Presumably this camera was only being tested at the time?

All that time worrying about things that don't need to be worried about.

Well nothing has come of this and it's been way over 14 days. Presumably this camera was only being tested at the time?

Certainly more than 14 days...this happened on 19th September?

Not this again?

90 posts about someone not getting done for speeding.

(Yes I know, 91 posts now. :doh:)

lewyboy said:
Not this again? 90 posts about someone not getting done for speeding. (Yes I know, 91 posts now. :doh:)
You're still alive? :doh:

Not this again?

90 posts about someone not getting done for speeding.

(Yes I know, 91 posts now. :doh:)

I sort of agree but it's no different to the page and pages of posts on joining a dual carriage way, cyclists smashing windows, phoning while driving, AMG drivers revving their cars up etc. etc.

The place should be renamed "pedants' paradise"

.... pages and pages of posts on joining a dual carriage way, cyclists smashing windows, phoning while driving, AMG drivers revving their cars up...

It takes all sorts, and you find all sorts on here. Some topics, and views, keep coming up again and again, too. Just the way it is. Isn't democracy wonderful...

It takes all sorts, and you find all sorts on here. Some topics, and views, keep coming up again and again, too. Just the way it is. Isn't democracy wonderful...

Forums aren't a democracy!

Come be fair ,I am sure you were thinking of going faster,you may get one of those speed awareness courses where all the money goes to paying the people who run them and putting up more cameras and the old bill in new cars so some good will come out of it

Forums aren't a democracy!

All right, a dictatorship, then; like Mao's China in 1957 - "Let a hundred flowers bloom, a hundred schools of thought contend".

You might wish to note, though, that as a result of that policy many dissenters were executed...

I'm not sure you understood the reference, but no matter.

It's what gives the forum character; it would be somewhat dull if we all held the same views.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom