Flashing indicators

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cooks

Car
W124 Coupe,TREK Bike
happi new year:bannana:
iv had my E220 parked up and have had the battery disconected,i decided to start it up today as i did the indicators kept flashing on and off as if the hazzards were on,can any body help please.

When you reconnect a car battery, the alarm will rearm itself (it thinks its being tampered with) if it finds a door or boot open then it will go off, it will flash its hazards and sound its siren… excerpt, in your case the alarm siren may be faulty.

Try unlocking and then locking the car and leave it alone for an hour to see if that fixes the fault.
What year is the car?

Dec

Edit, Is your car a W210 or a W211? see… http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Mercedes-Benz_vehicles

Last edited:
its 1995 coupe,is it ok to leave the battery diconected,as im thinking of wating until jan/feb to sort a few things out onit..

If you aren’t going to use the car for a while, keep the battery indoors and charge it up. Expect the alarm to go off again when you reconnect the battery; if you normally lock and unlock the car with a remote control, ensure that your metal key will unlock all doors/boot.

Your car is a W124… Mercedes-Benz W124 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dec

i have a infra red key..thanx for the advice.

If he alarm goes off when you reconnect the battery then pressing the button on the remote once should disarm the alarm, if the indicators are flashing as before but the siren isn’t making any noise then the siren is faulty.

Dec
KeyfobAndBatteries.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom