Flat battery window wont drop

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marty359

Car
BMW 330d with indicators and Jeep Renegade also with indicators
Guys/gals

My dads got a 62 plate SLK200 convertable R172 and he hasn't used it in a while.

The doors won't unlock using the key fobs (batteries ok in them both) the key blade in the fob unlocks the car but I presume the battery is flat as the windows won't drop to allow the door to open being a convertable.

Any tips to get this open with a flat battery?

Cheers

I’m guessing there’s no boot lock on this year of SLK then? :)

I’m guessing there’s no boot lock on this year of SLK then? :)
There is and the boot will open with the blade key.

I didnt look as he told me the battery is in the engine compartment, is the battery in the boot then so I can jump start it?

I was thinking more of being able to feed 12v somewhere in the boot, so that the window would drop when you open the door? Then you can get into the car and open the bonnet :thumb:

Is there a 12v accessory socket in there, or a rear fuse box or something?

I was thinking more of being able to feed 12v somewhere in the boot, so that the window would drop when you open the door? Then you can get into the car and open the bonnet :thumb:

Is there a 12v accessory socket in there, or a rear fuse box or something?
Ah gotcha 👍that could be an option

I'll have another look tomorrow...cheers

The doors should still open & close without dropping first. My CLK was like that every winter when it froze overnight, they only drop & raise again to get a perfect seal, but you can still open & close the door even if they don't.

The doors should still open & close without dropping first. My CLK was like that every winter when it froze overnight, they only drop & raise again to get a perfect seal, but you can still open & close the door even if they don't.
That's interesting then, the blade key will lift up the door card pin but it's still jammed shut 😫

After some wiggling of the key and pulling the handle it opened 👍

Battery was flat so after jumping now the windows won't operate from the drivers side switches but do from the passenger side, the drivers door won't open from the handle inside and the mirror controls don't work either 😫

Now you've got access, I'd get the battery out and charge it. A lot of those gremlins will disappear with a fully charged battery and a reset.
The SLK loves a full battery :)

Now you've got access, I'd get the battery out and charge it. A lot of those gremlins will disappear with a fully charged battery and a reset.
The SLK loves a full battery :)
Give it a go tomorrow, cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom