flat battery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

david55amg

Car
Mercedes 320clk, 2000 model.
hi all. My boot lock has been showing its still open when it wasn't. as such, the boot light has stayed on. As such again, the car had a flat battery. I have removed the battery and charged it up. Now the abs, bas, and esp warning lights have flashed up, presumably to do with a battery voltage thing since they were perfect before. Is there any way to turn the malfunction warnings off so the systems can work.

Also, Howard, here's the piccys of your wheels on my car :bannana:
001.jpg

I think they look fantastic...... cheaper tyres to boot. RESULT :)

Hello, i am pretty sure that you have to turn the steering wheel from lock to lock a couple of times, believe that this is to reset the lateral sensors, regards Damian. :)

PS - Love the wheels !!

Thank you all, will try that tonight. I presume you do that standing still. Otherwise that could get messy on the road/path :)

yes, I just changed the battery in my W210 Eclass and it was a bit scary as all the dash lights were on.

You need to start the car then turn steering wheel from full lock to full lock - this should reset the ESP, ABS and adaptive suspension ( if you have it).

You may also need to reset the electric windows:

Key in position 2:
Press close button on windows till they close then keep pressed for 1 second.

It should say in the manual if you need to do anything else - e.g. electric seats/headrests, sunroof?

Have you fixed the problem with the boot lock? If not, I recently had the same thing on my CLK. The main dealer diagnosed a faulty boot lock - changing that didn't fix it (ho hum). The independent I subsequently took it to told me that the boot locks rarely go faulty and it was much more likely down to a wiring problem (apparently the wires often wear near the boot hinge). In my case it turned out to be a loose connection on the fuse box in the boot. Good luck.

Hello, sorry i did not mention that, standstill would be the best option !! :thumb:

Just what I thought. :D:D All done and working fine now. Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom