Flea bay emails

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

racall

Car
Black R172SLK
Is anyone having trouble recieving emails through ebay regarding Listing/bidding/won items/outbid notices.?
:devil:

As in they never come through until after the event? if so then yes - been that way for yonks. I never rely on them. If something is important then I try to make sure I'm there when I need to be.

Used to be OK for me, but recently (the last month or so) I havent been getting them or if I do - they are 24 / 48 hours later :devil: im much more reliant on the ibuilt messaging on e-bay atm :eek:

I'm pretty fed up with ebay at the moment. I listed my old Samsumg D900 phone last week, it ended at 8pm last night. It's worth around £65 or so. All went well up to around 6pm, when it was at £56. I went out, and checked on it just after the auction end, and it had finished at a ridiculous £155. Sure enough, as I'd guessed, the 'winner' had used someone else's ebay account from the USA. I had put in the listing 'will only sell/ship to UK bidders, so I messaged the 'winner' to tell them to 'go away', and sent a second chance offer to a genuine bidder who'd asked me questions earlier. She would have got the phone at her highest bid (£70 approx).
Ebay then removed my listing, informed me that the winning bidder's account had been hijacked, and said I was free to list my item again. Thanks a lot, more time wasted drafting another listing, and another 5 days to wait and see if it happens again.
Damn scammers. :mad:

No. Seems up to speed to me.
What is worth mentioning though is that the reply usually gets to your associated email address slightly before the "one new message" is displayed on your ebay homepage. I have found this delay can vary between a few minutes up to a few hours.

I'm pretty fed up with ebay at the moment. I listed my old Samsumg D900 phone last week, it ended at 8pm last night. It's worth around £65 or so. All went well up to around 6pm, when it was at £56. I went out, and checked on it just after the auction end, and it had finished at a ridiculous £155. Sure enough, as I'd guessed, the 'winner' had used someone else's ebay account from the USA. I had put in the listing 'will only sell/ship to UK bidders, so I messaged the 'winner' to tell them to 'go away', and sent a second chance offer to a genuine bidder who'd asked me questions earlier. She would have got the phone at her highest bid (£70 approx).
Ebay then removed my listing, informed me that the winning bidder's account had been hijacked, and said I was free to list my item again. Thanks a lot, more time wasted drafting another listing, and another 5 days to wait and see if it happens again.
Damn scammers. :mad:

What is the point of anyone doing that? Seems like alot of work for nothing. Wheres the payoff?
I never sell on ebay, just buy.

What is the point of anyone doing that? Seems like alot of work for nothing. Wheres the payoff?

The general trick is the 'winner' will pay you with a dodgy paypal payment or similar, you then post off your item to Nigeria or wherever, then 'hey-presto', paypal inform you that the payment you received was fraudulent, and take the money back off of you. Nice.

My messages from ebay seem up to speed though, just to answer the original poster. (Sorry!)

I guessed as much. But how many nowadys are gullible enough for that to work even once in every hundred attempts?
People are simply too clued up now to for this to be a viable form of deception. Simply not worth the effort.
Thanks for the reply anyway. Much appreciated.

I guessed as much. But how many nowadys are gullible enough for that to work even once in every hundred attempts?
People are simply too clued up now to for this to be a viable form of deception. Simply not worth the effort.
Thanks for the reply anyway. Much appreciated.

You'd be surprised how many people fall for these scams.

On BBC Watchdog a few months back people thought letters they'd received telling them they won the Spanish Lotto (which they had not entered) were genuine. They sent off thousands of pounds and they're still waiting for the millions. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom