Flight information wanted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Judas as in Judas Jalopy that I drive?

Or is it the ISCARIOT CHARIOT that appeals?

Flying is by far THE safest form or transport! Last year less than a 1000people died in plane crashes world wide. I can't remember the number exaclty, somewhere between 500-800 I think.

Try looking at the UK's car fatalities for a comparison
What about the actual aeroplane flights as opposed to passengers carried? I'm sure there is a way to statistically juggle figures to prove that train or bus travel is safer, but I'm only typing this when the girls aren't looking.

Judas as in nothing to do with your car:devil: :D

Regards
John

They always say great minds think alike but you are so sloooooow :devil: :D :D I had already frit the girls with that one :)

I have a few books she can read if she likes?

Pilot Error, Black Box, Plane crashes that should not have happened, Aviation Disasters!

Most of them have the same incidents in although they tackle the subjects from a different view point.

That means I would never fly on a Shorts 330/360 EVER. I have a few others I would not go on either, but not many airlines still have them, so its not that big a problem.

And the EU ban dodgy arilines now, so thats helping things get better.

And before anybody asks, I don't do Low cost carriers either!!!

What about the actual aeroplane flights as opposed to passengers carried? I'm sure there is a way to statistically juggle figures to prove that train or bus travel is safer, but I'm only typing this when the girls aren't looking.

Judas as in nothing to do with your car:devil: :D
I will tell you for 30peices of silver. Just after supper time would be good.

I don't have the information to hand as I speak. 1 Issue for ships is that even though they are safe, if one sinks, hundreds are lost as rescue is often days away. so one sinking does for 500people. Trains have a similar problem, but the biggest issue for trains is the developing nations who don't have rigid safety standards, where as here and US, they are very good. so we get rare accidents and people survive them. less developed places have accidents often, and can be survivable but for a few failures in systems. They also have a lot more people travelling by train.

With aircraft, if the accident happens at, or in the immediate vicinity of an airport, the chances of survival increase drastically.

But if you see the amount of aircraft flying worldwide, and the numbers of people on them, even the chance of being invloved in an accident is remote, and you are likley to survive it anyway.

About 3000 die each year on our roads.

I have to do a presentation soon, about a topic that this relates to, so I may do some homework and get more accurate figures.

has anyone any comments about British Airways Economy Plus?

that who i use these days, generaly quite good and if you check in on line in advance and can pick up bulkhead seats in that class you get as much legroom as club world just not such a fancy chair. entertainment system is good to, individual units you can pause/forward/rewind movies etc.

used to use bmi and star alience wich is united and aa in the states, good for picking up miles quickly and if you get a bmi gold card you get automatic upgrades on united but......... the service is not on a par with ba.

my advice would be to pick your flight based on the atlantic crossing and airlines hub location in the sates 'cos once your there its easy enough to get to most places and a flight from say chicago (united hub) to mississippi will only be a couple of hours in a regional jet

Last edited:
I would never fly on a Shorts 330/360 EVER. I have a few others I would not go on either

i have a list of no-no's also:

737 - aka the "stone"
DC<anything> - a real gamble
757 - most have been in service +20 years
747 - just dont like them, cant explain why

my favs. are:

777 - best twin isle around
A330 - a close second best for long haul
A319/320/321 for short haul.

All done and dusted and a great big thank you to everyone. 777 and then a decent chageover flight whch has shaved an hour off of the travelling time.

Mega thanks to everyone,
Regards
John

i have a list of no-no's also:

757 - most have been in service +20 years

Interesting quote. If I remember right, the last one was made on 26th April 2005 and went to China. I wonder if they think their, yet to be 3, plane has been in service for 20+ years.

And why would a 1990 A320 be better than it?

All done and dusted and a great big thank you to everyone. 777 and then a decent chageover flight whch has shaved an hour off of the travelling time.

Mega thanks to everyone,
Regards
John

If its booked and done, don't check up again in case you find a cheaper deal!

And why would a 1990 A320 be better than it?

personal experience shapes opinion scumbag, every 757 i have been on has been a taty bucket, conversly all the airbuses ive been have been clean, up to date and quiet. same goes for the 747, i dont like them, for no real reason, and given a choice id choose to fly at a dfferemt time to get a different aircraft... theres nowt as funny a folk as they say!

personal experience shapes opinion scumbag, every 757 i have been on has been a taty bucket, !

But you stated that 757's are all 20+years old. Is that just an opinion? It certainly isn't fact.

And maybe the tatyness is more the airline than the aircraft. BA don't run taty 757's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom