Flooded...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sorry to hear....I had a no were near as bad but equaly stupid situation myself..last year...
I used to smoke and had the drivers window fully open, drove to the crest of the road and another car floored it...enough water ploughed through my open window to BLIND me I was soaked to the bone...laughable now...but had to slam on as I do not have wipers on my eyes!!
Real stupid peeps about...who do not realise their "practical" jokes could have realy bad outcomes...

Last edited:
Sorry to hear....I had a no were near as bad but equaly stupid situation myself..last year...
I used to smoke and had the drivers window fully open, drove to the crest of the road and another car floored it...enough water ploughed the my open window to BLIND me I was soaked to the bone...laughable now...but had to slam on as I do not have wipers on my eyes!!
Real stupid peeps about...who do not realise their "practical" jokes could have realy bad outcomes...

But you do have to say...that IS funny... :D :D

I've done the same thing - it makes the other driver stop and not drown you as they blast past.

The car that was coming the other way was in the "dry area" and was creeping.......hardly a reason to panic and accel towards him.

Unless the poster has not expalined clearly it sounds like a case of WDC&A or evenb dangerous driving

:( :mad:

Hope the insurance company sort things quickly and smoothly Mr E. I would be absolutely gutted. Like others have said, hopefully Karma will take care of the bell end in the 4x4.

My wife was in a similar situation with a lorry a year or two ago who decided he'd waited long enough for her and started coming when she was half way through the water. Luckily no damage was done but she was pretty shook up.

THIS MORNING i had to drive in a flood about 3-4 inch deep. A car came towards me and was in the dry area, i stayed in the middle, and he crept forward so he was ft away from water, i drove at him head on, and swerved last second. He stopped then lol. If he accelerated even the slightest, i would have hit him. It was a maximum of 6inches between me and him.
Sounds like you should grow up,

Hope it all gets sorted Mr E..

Stick to your guns with the insurance company and you should get a decent payout.

All the best

THIS MORNING i had to drive in a flood about 3-4 inch deep. A car came towards me and was in the dry area, i stayed in the middle, and he crept forward so he was ft away from water, i drove at him head on, and swerved last second. He stopped then lol. If he accelerated even the slightest, i would have hit him. It was a maximum of 6inches between me and him.

I'm sure you don't mean this to sound the way it does (stupid), so, perhaps, explain what you actually mean.

Just seen this...did you ask the police to check CCTV on date and time of incident?, there are cameras everywhere now so if you got make, colour of vehicle you should be able to get trace from surrounding area maybe...unless you get him he will continue to do this to others:mad:

Thanks for all the comments :thumb:

Had a message yesterday to call the engineer at the insurers, but in meetings all day so it had to wait until this morning.

Spent the drive in (in the CLK for a change :D ) steeling myself to do battle. Engineer was a great guy, and we agreed a settlement figure I'm very happy with within a couple of mins with no hassle or strife.

Later on, another call - this time for my account details so that they pay me, and that I have 5 days to check that everything is out of the car before it gets taken away. Sadly the engineer said that because foul water was involved (according to the Environment agency - and the water did pong a bit when I was wading) the car would have to be destroyed as they couldn't take a risk on subsequent infections, etc.

So a big thumbs-up to Aviva who have been everything that I've not expected from an insurance company - in other words, helpful, efficient, easy to deal with, and were a good price for the policy in the first place!

Now to start thumbing through Autotrader and such for a replacement...

Our village floods regularly and its mad to see how most people are driving through, It's crazy!!!T.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about what happened and all the hassle that has ensued. And what a waste of a great car.

There are 4x4 w*nkers everywhere........

No floods in London but it doesn't stop a minority of driving like utter c*cks.

So a big thumbs-up to Aviva who have been everything that I've not expected from an insurance company - in other words, helpful, efficient, easy to deal with, and were a good price for the policy in the first place!

Did you ask them what they had done with the real insurance company? :D

At last a good outcome to a rotten incident.

Went to the garage today to pick up the few remaining bits and pieces, tax disc, Sanef tag, etc. I had intended to take a few pics but couldn't bring myself to do it in the end - it was such a sad sight to see. The interior alone has taken a big hit - you could probably mix up the various cultures growing in there and create new life! I now understand why they won't put it up for salvage.

Couple of other sad sights - a mint C36 that had taken a major whack on the lh rear, breaking the suspension, etc. Also a fairly new C estate that had gone head on into a wall at some speed... driver survived which is testimony to modern safety features but one hell of a mess.

I've also managed to break Mrs E's Punto - heater matrix has gone pop - which means that, subject to dropping her off and picking her up from work, I get to play. So hood down there and back to the garage, and then a trip to Gatwick to pick up one of laddo's friends from Sweden (who is coming over for a college-funded internship at a local company for 10 weeks!). Didn't break 20mpg, so I must have been driving it properly :devil:

So what do I replace it with? £7.5k-ish would work for me, with a bit of money left in the bank. 10 years in E-classes, so something different (4 doors, hard top, big enough for a 6-footer in the back) would be interesting, and we still have a Benz in the house (maybe soon to be two if laddo can get a W202 at a price he likes).

Any ideas - mainstream or off-the-wall considered.

Last edited:
Didn't break 20mpg, so I must have been driving it properly :devil:

To drive an Italian car properly the horn has to be connected to the brake pedal and first thing to do upon starting the car it to rip the rear view mirror off.....now your ready! :D

To drive an Italian car properly the horn has to be connected to the brake pedal and first thing to do upon starting the car it to rip the rear view mirror off.....now your ready! :D

A brake pedal on an Italian car...WTF...

So what do I replace it with? £7.5k-ish would work for me, with a bit of money left in the bank. 10 years in E-classes, so something different (4 doors, hard top, big enough for a 6-footer in the back) would be interesting, and we still have a Benz in the house (maybe soon to be two if laddo can get a W202 at a price he likes).

Any ideas - mainstream or off-the-wall considered.

Jay has a S55 in budget.

2002(02) MERCEDES S55 AMG LONG WHEEL BASE SALOON AUTOMATIC BLACK - Mercland

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom