Flooded...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr E

MB Enthusiast
Car
57 W211 E280 AG
Decidedly p'd off today :mad:

We have a section of road that frequently floods nearby. Almost always passable with care, and no different this morning, except for the red 4x4 who ploughed through, forcing me off the crown of the road, and throwing up so much water over the bonnet and windscreen that the car stopped instantly. Person following didn't get the number plate, but said the driver was "laughing his head off".

The road is deliberately "crowned" so that it remains passable when the river floods - except for when you're forced off it by a plonker who can't wait 30 seconds.

RAC couldn't recover it as the water is now rising so the E-Class has been left to the mercy of the floodwater.

Hope the numpy's journey was worth it.

That's a really cnutish thing to do. There are some real sociopaths in this world.

I hope you have some other transport, that is going to be a real bore for you to sort.

Sorry to hear of your misadventure, Mr E. I hope that what goes around does indeed come around and that git of the first order has his deed returned in spades.

I hope you have some other transport, that is going to be a real bore for you to sort.

Thanks for the supportive comments guys. I'm trying to remain philosophical - at least no one is hurt, and you can always replace the car.

I was going to await it's arrival for announcing to the forum, but Mrs E's CLK320 cabrio should be here by the weekend. We didn't part-ex her Punto so I'll be able to slum it for a while in that.

We've just been down to have a look - looks like water has got into the cabin and so I expect it's game over. Ho hum.

Chances are the red 4x4 uses that road regularly.....

Utterly disgraceful, just as well you have other forms of transport. Imagine if D**khead had of done this to someone who relied on his one and only motor, what a w***er.

One can only hope that someday he'll get his just rewards

We've just been down to have a look - looks like water has got into the cabin and so I expect it's game over. Ho hum.

Crikey,that must of been painful to see,I hope your insurance sorts it swiftly
for you.

Sorry to hear that. Something you don't need at any time yet alone close to Christmas

Sorry to read this news. I'm surprised you moved over, you should have made him do that.

What a nightmare. The bow wave alone could have done the damage no matter where you were positioned.

What a nightmare. The bow wave alone could have done the damage no matter where you were positioned.

I once had someone in a lorry cause enough water to lift my car up.

I switched off at the critical moment to avoid water ingestion.

Were you in a 900kg fiat panda?!

A Citroen XM Turbodiesel, in already raised setting.

Not many cars could make it through, but an artic, tractor unit came the other way with three men in it, going rather fast for fun.
The bow wave went up my windscreen.

Very sorry to hear Mr E.

Laughing his head off at the idiotic damage he caused - hardly in the Christmas spirit.

If only you'd known this was the intention, I'd imagine your E could have demolished the 4x4 if pointed that way.

As NeilRR says hopefully that red 4x4 driver uses that road regularly.............. nuff said

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom