Floor Mats - gripper posts broken

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mcevoyd

Car
Mercedes C Class C220CDI Sport Auto Brilliant Silver
Hi, my driver's mat has circular female fixings built in to stop it floating around but the male posts in the carpet are not there. Looks to me like they have been snapped off in the past. Anyone know if these can be replaced? Thanks

I'm sorry I have no answer to your question but I have seen cable ties round the seat frame holding mats in place. Colour codes cable ties at that too.

Thanks for that. The female bits in the mat are effectvely just a cap that sit on top of the male post so I think I would need to drill out the the female cap in order to use cable ties. Whilst they would be pretty much out of sight it doesn't sound like a very 'pretty' workaround. Maybe somebody else might have something else to add.

Can you see where the old posts used to be? If so could you improvise - maybe by using a small bolt or something similar in size to the original posts?

Yes I can see what looks like the remains of the plastic posts sheared off at carpet height. Good idea, maybe I could araldite a make-up post to do the job. Thanks

You can buy replacement fixings from the dealer, couple of quid, job done!

Top man thats what I need to hear. Ta very much.

Or you could drill 1/2 holes (4 off) through the floor and mat. Fit 4 x 12mm set screws and nuts, torque to about 35 lbs feet and seal floor with a good silicon sealant.
Make sure the set screws are not too long as they would rub on the road when travelling.
Hope this helps.

Hi mcevoyd
Glad you have a sense of humour.
wadeyblue

Sorry, didn't realise it was a spoof! -assumed it was a sensible cost/return compromise offered by an archetypal Scotsman. Lol.

Sorry, didn't realise it was a spoof! -assumed it was a sensible cost/return compromise offered by an archetypal Scotsman. Lol.

Awe come on what you got against us poor Scot's LoL
It was only a spoof for other Scot's, for all you Merc owners in the South it is obviously real.
But remember do not use bolts any longer than 14"

Up-date - yes you can get the bits from MB. The flimsiest pieces of plastic in the world - and all for the princely sum of £15 a pair. I could perhaps suffer the outrageous cost but replacement looks like a pig as the only way to install seems to be by lifting the carpet and I assume that entails taking off the kick plates etc. and I know the carpet just wouldn't go back quite as snuggly as is now. I'll live with it I guess and wait for MB's 2010 safety recall to be extended to 2005 cars!

Hi mcevoyd,

I just thought if there were chances that you plan to replace your mats. I can recommend YourCarParts Car Mats UK , they have the best car mats with high quality, it is genuine that will last longer and will fit to your car make and model. I actually bought Mercedes Car Mats for my MB 190E and I find it best...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom