Floppy wing mirrors - E-class??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSmart

The electric folding mirrors on my car have a bit of 'play' up to 10mm in the horizontal axis - can this be adjusted out? and how? or do they all do it!

Cheers

Mine certainly did, except when fully extended or fully retracted and then they were solid!

Do you mean the glass, or the mirror housing / whole assembly ? The glass can be tightened with a torx screw on the glass holder, behind the glass itself.

S.

Fold them in then fold them out again - they should lock back into position

My drivers side had a bit of play compared to the solid passenger side - I can only think I knocked it while washing the car

Andy

My 210 had to go back and have the 'plastic' casing re-tightened as it had a bit of play in it.

The 211 casing was loose once, but as had already been suggested, folding it in and back out again solved the problem.

Good luck, and hopefully itwill be easily resolved.
John

thanks

another problem easily solved thanks to the forum - Indeed the mirrors to lock out if the button is held down for a second longer. after mirrors have stopped.

PaulSmart said:
thanks

another problem easily solved thanks to the forum - Indeed the mirrors to lock out if the button is held down for a second longer. after mirrors have stopped.

Glad to hear that solved the problem :bannana:

Andy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom