Fly tipping, or not fly tipping?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Martyn_n

Car
W124 E320, W163 ML270 & W166 ML350
Strange incident this afternoon. My daughter came running in saying that two people had parked up in our street and had gone down to the brook and were throwing the contents of two black bin bags into it. I went out to see what was going on to see a couple get back into the car (a brand new 5 series BM) and drive off at speed.
When we looked at what was left on the bank of the brook we found bits of what can best be described as bits of sari material, torn up bits of paper and Sikh religious paraphernalia. Looking downstream there was LOTS of similar stuff snagged in overhanging tree branches as far as you could see.
Putting two and two together I assume it is some sort of religious ceremony, maybe even ashes being scattered. Even if this is the case I still believe that this is inappropriate and tantamount to fly tipping (and probably not an essential journey!)
What do others think?

No excuse,
report.
Contact your local councillor to track progress of the investigation.

No excuse,
report.
Contact your local councillor to track progress of the investigation.
I have reported it on the local council website, including the registration of the car. I doubt it will go far as there is only a small amount of stuff left on the bank where they dumped it, lots is spread over quite a distance but most is probably miles away by now.

The fact they drove off at speed sort of confirms they knew they were fly tipping.
I'd report it to the local council. As above, it's a disgraceful practice that should be severely punished.

The fact they drove off at speed sort of confirms they knew they were fly tipping.
I'd report it to the local council. As above, it's a disgraceful practice that should be severely punished.
I think the fact that my daughter was taking a photo of their car made them leave quickly, photo didn't show the driver though as they had illegal tints so it was dark inide the car.

IMG_E7522.JPG

I think the fact that my daughter was taking a photo of their car made them leave quickly, photo didn't show the driver though as they had illegal tints so it was dark inide the car.

View attachment 110043
If that’s the actual car then it’s not brand new.

It is the car, and I'm not up to date with BMWs, it looked brand new to me (maybe this should be in the detailing section) and some people have an odd idea of what constitutes a personal plate! Apologies, I should not have focused on the car's age.

View attachment 110043
It is the car, and I'm not up to date with BMWs, it looked brand new to me (maybe this should be in the detailing section) and some people have an odd idea of what constitutes a personal plate! Apologies, I should not have focused on the car's age.
No worries geezer. It’s an 2011 plated car.

There's no stipulation that a personal plate has to be the same year as the car, it just cannot be newer.

The very similar XM11 MCK is £400 from the DVLA

Like I said, some people have a strange idea of what constitutes a private plate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom