Fly tipping, or not fly tipping?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A quick update. Inspector from the council visited today to take statements from me and my daughter. They WILL be getting a fixed penalty notice through the post. Apparently only 50% of councils are actively prosecuting fly tippers at the moment, fortunately ours is one of them.

A quick update. Inspector from the council visited today to take statements from me and my daughter. They WILL be getting a fixed penalty notice through the post. Apparently only 50% of councils are actively prosecuting fly tippers at the moment, fortunately ours is one of them.
How much is the FPN?

Good. I have no idea what those people were doing and why but it's just wrong.

It would be great if they also got busted for the illegal and dangerous tints too.

Never a good sign.........

A final update. The council inspector called me yesterday to tell me that he had interviewed the couple and they have accepted the fine (somewhat reluctantly on the gent's part apparently). They had travelled some 14 miles to our street in order to leave the material in the brook as part of a Hindu ceremony (Not Sikh as previously assumed).

A final update. The council inspector called me yesterday to tell me that he had interviewed the couple and they have accepted the fine (somewhat reluctantly on the gent's part apparently). They had travelled some 14 miles to our street in order to leave the material in the brook as part of a Hindu ceremony (Not Sikh as previously assumed).
Did he say how much theyd been fined ?

Did he say how much theyd been fined ?
No, I assume it would have been £150 but reduced to £120 for early payment.
And did they also get done for making a non-essential journey ?
I guess that would be the police and not the council so I'd say not.
What ceremony would this be?
Scattering of ashes. The council in Leicester have an area on the river where they can do this each Saturday but they are obviously not allowed to scatter all of the other crap at the same time so this couple looked on the map for a watercourse with parking nearby to empty their bin bags of sentimental items.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom