Fly Tipping Scum ......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My tip issues a van permit with 10 visits on it , easch time you attend they punch the permit , it does not have a expiry date . Mine is a 'resident' type permit for a non sign written/business van, I have seen sign written vans there and I believe they have a different permit. Mine is linked to the van registration AND type of van and my home address.

Ours is based solely on the vehicle type - basically the only thing that doesn't need a special permit for each visit (which you have to apply for 24 hrs in advance) is a car with no signwriting on it.

Capture.JPG

Simple fact. Loads of householders with time on hands. Rubbish piled up in gardens etc. Pikeys circling rubbing hands together....

No win situation really.

The world is bad enough so I've no patience for anyone making it worse, relevant to this thread that would be tipping their cr*p on a beauty spot because it saves some dosh and / or time.

Then there are the tips that reject household items or charge for some. £3 a bag of hardcore was one, a few bags gets very expensive.

The tip in Guildford now charges - £4 for a tiny bag or £50 for a loose car load. I've got some hardcore to dispose of that i dug out of the lawn - i wish i'd left it where it was. They only started charging recently, before as long as you weren't obviously taking the P you could dispose of waste for free. I'll probably end up getting a skip and maybe sharing with some neighbours. I can see fly tipping round here increasing a lot. I wouldn't mind but we pay almost £4k/year council tax which seems extortionate when you have to pay additionally for something as basic as waste disposal (I accept for house renovations etc there should be some fee, but for small quantities i think that should be covered by the tax). We have to pay separately already for garden waste collections. Grumble grumble.

Reactions: m80
Until the authorities get tough on this (I don't mean what the authorities and government think is tough which is of course nothing of the sort), this will continue forever.

I don't condone fly tipping in any form but it would help enormously if the local tips accepted all and any waste. If it was simple and easy to go to the tip why would you fly tip it?

I've contemplated this before but every time I come to the conclusion it doesn't matter what tips are open, where they are and whether they accept everything, some individuals just do not care about anything but themselves and will continue to do it.

It's the same kind of person who stocks up on food in this current climate and then throws most of it away because they are too stupid to function as a human being.

Mowed Emmanuel Church today, someone's left them a Donation, I'm guessing they don't really want. 🤬
20220520_195350.jpg

Anyone caught fly tipping should have to clear fly tipped waste for a month at their own expense, ie if they have to rent a vehicle and pay at licensed tips so be it!!

There was a programme about fly tipping the other day where a large railway upgrade project company got fined because they didn't check that the waste disposal company was doing it "by the book". The waste disposal company were dumping on a farmers land and got caught because there vehicles were returning too quickly ie they couldn't have got to the correct tip and back in the timescale. I think the project company were fined £10000+

ps.. Love the chart above that lists bicycles with or without sign writing!!

Last edited:
Anyone caught fly tipping should have to clear fly tipped waste for a month at their own expense, ie if they have to rent a vehicle and pay at licensed tips so be it!!

There was a programme about fly tipping the other day where a large railway upgrade project company got fined because they didn't check that the waste disposal company was doing it "by the book". The waste disposal company were dumping on a farmers land and got caught because there vehicles were returning too quickly ie they couldn't have got to the correct tip and back in the timescale. I think the project company were fined £10000+

ps.. Love the chart above that lists bicycles with or without sign writing!!
Thats just stupid though, they paid their money for it to be disposed and the company contracted decided to cheat

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom