FLYBE Collapse

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Coronavirus is an anagram of carniverous with a an 'o' left over.
Foot and mouth, SARS, ebola, Avian influenza, COVID-19, all related to meat consumption. But hey, we 'need' meat.

My wife was due to fly back to the UK from Dusseldorf on a Flybe flight this morning. We got wind of the impending collapse around 9:30pm yesterday and quickly booked her on an alternative carrier before their seats started to attract a premium price. She received an email from Flybe at 3am this morning advising that her flight had been cancelled...

She's now home, and I've already submitted a Scheduled Airline Failure / End Supplier Claim to our travel insurer to recover the fare paid.

It's an irritation for travellers with booked flights, but a catastrophe for the 2,000 or so employees and the businesses that supported the operation.

Coronavirus
Foot and mouth, SARS, ebola, Avian influenza, COVID-19, all related to meat consumption. But hey, we 'need' meat.

Coronavirus has 11 letters.

Corona (the beer) is brewed by the Mexican company “Grupo Modelo” which has 11 letters

“Mexican Beer” has 11 letters

The sub brand of Corona is “Corona Light” which has 11 letters

The other sub brand of Corona is “Corona Extra” which has 11 letters

Corona bottles come in packs of “6”.

If you turn “6” upside down it becomes “9”.

9…11…..

Illuminati confirmed.

Well, we did say that we wanted to reduce the number of air flights because of climate change.

Gotta start somewhere. Domestic short-haul is as good as any.

(And, in addition to the 2,000 direct and indirect employees affected throughout the supply chain, remember the tens of thousands of customers who have no easy alternative)

greta-thunberg-debute-mercredi-sa-traversee-de-l-atlantique-a-bord-d-un-voilier-zero-carbone-1_6206278.jpg

It will have a big effect on Southampton airport as FlyBe accounts for 90% of it's operations, there was talk of extending the runway, what now for that I wonder.

Yup, that won't be needed.

Some routes already picked up by others

Trains can and will take some the strain, otherwise it will be our excellent condition and completely un busy motorway network.

Tough times / perfect storm...

Ps fares on credit cards should be claimed back at least.

Ps fares on credit cards should be claimed back at least.
Only if they are £100 or more under S75 regulations, and many Flybe fares fall under that limit.

Coronavirus

Coronavirus has 11 letters.

Corona (the beer) is brewed by the Mexican company “Grupo Modelo” which has 11 letters

“Mexican Beer” has 11 letters

The sub brand of Corona is “Corona Light” which has 11 letters

The other sub brand of Corona is “Corona Extra” which has 11 letters

Corona bottles come in packs of “6”.

If you turn “6” upside down it becomes “9”.

9…11…..

Illuminati confirmed.
Ha ! and next you will be telling me that best selling author Dean Koontz wrote a book in 1981 called 'The eyes of darkness' that featured a killer virus in it called 'Wuhan-400'...whatever next !?......oh , I see :eek:

Wonder if this will be on sale at a bargain price ?

IMG_0974.jpeg

IMG_0973.jpeg

IMG_0977.jpeg

IMG_0975.jpeg

Or will the number will hold any value now ?

The prize for the most contrived attempt to make a meaningless point goes to ......:wallbash:

Viruses mutate regardless of origin,

The prize for the most contrived attempt to make a meaningless point goes to ......:wallbash:

Viruses mutate regardless of origin,

Without origin they don't exist. Award yourself your prize.

Well......

My daughter is getting married in Las Vegas next month and a few of the party had booked flights with FlyBe to London for the flights over to McCarron

Needless to say, the group chats have done nothing to keep everything as calm as it should but fortunately replacement BA flights have been booked so it looks like the entire wedding party and guests will be able to travel - notwithstanding any restrictions.

Wish us luck !!!!!

Ha ! and next you will be telling me that best selling author Dean Koontz wrote a book in 1981 called 'The eyes of darkness' that featured a killer virus in it called 'Wuhan-400'...whatever next !?......oh , I see :eek:

It's pretty obvious to most people that he works for the CIA, MI6 and Mossad.

Bet the people in Stornoway are not happy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom