FLYBE Collapse

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Southampton Airport is now listing 11 destinations, only two of those are outside the UK, one to Geneva and one to Majorca, both of these of course are seasonal.

Bournemouth Airport is around 30 miles away and is also mainly used by holiday companies with many of the routes being seasonal, having flown out of Bournemouth many times as a PPL flight we rarely have to wait for any commercial traffic, usually it is call ATC, get taxi clearance, taxi to the hold and often receive take off clearance with no delay during the late morning / early afternoon.

It is difficult to see both continuing long term,

Reactions: 219
Without origin they don't exist. Award yourself your prize.
Without origin they don't exist. Award yourself your prize.

Viruses can lay dormant until suitable hosts or other conditions appear. Then they can mutate .

As for "without origin they dont't exist" that is a rather poor argument.

They exist precisely because they do have origin either from the DNA or RNA of organisms be that animal or vegetable. Tobacco mosaic virus being one example/ Most organisms have left over or unused / dormant genetic material in their genome.

Viruses exist as virions (the dormant or non infective form of a virus)and as independent particles of genetic material. It is known that Transposons are effectively DNA sequences (or genetic material) that can move in a genome and is thought to be one method of viral propagation and transmission.

We use Flybe from Southampton to fly to La Rochelle to see my mum. My brother lives in Newbury so it’s very handy for him.

Only bit of good news is that I’ve now got an excuse NOT to go cos those froggies ain’t ‘alf annoying people expecting us to pay through the nose for their mediocre food.

Southampton Airport is now listing 11 destinations, only two of those are outside the UK, one to Geneva and one to Majorca, both of these of course are seasonal.

Bournemouth Airport is around 30 miles away and is also mainly used by holiday companies with many of the routes being seasonal, having flown out of Bournemouth many times as a PPL flight we rarely have to wait for any commercial traffic, usually it is call ATC, get taxi clearance, taxi to the hold and often receive take off clearance with no delay during the late morning / early afternoon.

It is difficult to see both continuing long term,
I’ve flown Prestwick to Bournemouth a couple of times for work , when working in Southampton.

I’ve flown Prestwick to Bournemouth a couple of times for work , when working in Southampton.

For an airport with a large runway at 2271 metres (as opposed to Southampton at 1723 metres) it is running at a very low capacity.

I imagine a lot of it's income is derived from the 200 acre business park around it which as as well as offices and commercial premises also has several aviation servicing and repair facilities plus significant hangar space. One of the lesser members of the Saudi Royal family sometimes parks a 747 there and there are a good number of private light jets based there as well as air charter companies, helicopter raining and and a dedicated stand for GA.

Southampton has virtually none of this so the income it derives must be very much based on air traffic using it.

It's very, very quiet here, 3 miles from Southampton airport.......

Apparently it's just as when a certain volcano went pop 10 or so years ago, albeit we were diverted to Brunei so I wasn't around to experience it.
Key routes will be picked up (it has started) but some Islands are going to relearn connectivity.

Southampton may invite back some of the private jets and the Cesna squads it pushed away many years ago.

Coronavirus is an anagram of carniverous with a an 'o' left over.
Foot and mouth, SARS, ebola, Avian influenza, COVID-19, all related to meat consumption. But hey, we 'need' meat.
I love this anti-meat crap. Dude 300 years ago that was mostly what humans ate. And no human body does not adapt within a decade.

I love this anti-meat crap. Dude 300 years ago that was mostly what humans ate. And no human body does not adapt within a decade.

Away and feed your pet dinosaur.

What was the average life expectancy 300 years ago?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom