Flying low

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MOCAŠ

MB Enthusiast
Car
SLK
This morning, for what must be the fifth time in the past week or so, I found that I had left the house without doing up my trouser fly. Thankfully on each occasion I was sporting perfectly adequate underwear that was more than capable of restraining the beast within, although I fear this may also have accounted for the lack of any nether-region breeze that might have provided an early warning of my predicament.

Instead, I only became aware of the gape upon sitting down for the first time, and while I have no Idea as to how many onlookers may have noticed by that time, I am consoling myself with the thought that I will at least have inadvertently brought a little cheer to their morning ritual. One worry, of course, is that if the same person has seen me on more than one such occasion, they will perhaps have formed the opinion that I have adopted the open-cave look as some kind of perverted fashion statement. But hey, life's too short for such concerns.

However, I would be interested to hear what the forum's panel of resident amateur behavioural psychologists make of this recent development. Is this how it's going to be as I enter my twilight years? As time goes on, will other things start to escape my attention as I leave the house? I mean, I've always been dreadfully absent minded, but never in this respect until now. Or is there perhaps some deep-rooted psychological explanation I need to be aware of? A subconscious mating ritual, perhaps? :dk:

It's alright Mocas.

Dead men don't fall out open windows :)

I feel sure your psychiatrist, parole officer, therapist, and the others I promised not to disclose will be able to explain, again.:)

Definitely an age thing - we noticed both my father and father-in-law walking about with their flies undone from time to time. Sadly, like father like son I have started this pre-dementia ritual! So far only the good lady has noticed my absent-mindedness. "Don't worry about such a little thing," she says...Charmin'!!

Mocas, I believe that your own descriptions ie, "the beast within" and " brought a little cheer to their morning ritual" tell of a latent or subconscious desire to expose yourself to certain members of the public.

Maybe there is a person you find attractive on the daily commute? Or maybe you are reaching the time in life where you feel the need to take some risks?

In any case, from my impression of your persona, formed purely on the evidence of forum posting, I am 100% positive that even if you do expose yourself it will be in the best possible taste :)

Get yourself one of those message T-Shirts.

My flies are undone
I see you focus
My names MOCAS
Just say, Poke us!

:)

I am 100% positive that even if you do expose yourself it will be in the best possible taste :)

:eek:

10-kenny-everett-40471.jpg

In my day flashers got a good horsewhipping, none of this trick cyclist tomfoolery.

I'd start to worry more when the time comes when you forget to put your Hampton away, but remember to zip your fly...:rock:

I was in the same predicament as you whilst sitting on a park bench.

Two old ladies passed by, the first one had a stroke, the other just missed!!

In my day flashers got a good horsewhipping, none of this trick cyclist tomfoolery.

I can assure you that nothing has been flashed thus far, though it may only be a matter of time. If so, how fortuitous that your recent move to the sticks has considerably reduced the risk of our paths crossing. I sense you're already missing your dungeon (sorrry, basement garden flat), though.

Perhaps this is the answer - no flies to worry about. Not sure my sartorial taste could accommodate mismatched collar and cuffs, though...

There is always Veet .....

but remember to zip your fly...:rock:

I zipped up as a child and got "Hoover" trapped in my YKK. Ouch!

I remember the skilled hands of the doctor who cut my jeans around the zip to enable easier access. Nurses present too, but I was too young to worry about that sort of thing. :eek:
Ruined jeans, but at least Hoover survived. :)

Fly down? Naah... Locking keys in your Jeep (weekly - luckily I need my keys to lock my MB), forgetting to lock front door, calling your wife the name of your ex (just once...) - that's when I er you start to worry!

I believe helplines are available...

I'm sure he's over it by now. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom