fm transmitters

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Stuart O, Aug 8, 2008.

1. Stuart O

Stuart O Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    C 250cdi est.
    do these things work with COMAND and still allow use of sat nav ??

looking at the griffin autopilot that shows track details on screen - any body had any dealings ??:eek:

Stuart

forgot to menton - car is an 05 163 ml ..

Last edited: Aug 8, 2008
  2. evdok

evdok Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    BMW 330D xDRIVE M/SPORT INDIVIDUAL
    They are rubbish, loads of interference especially if driving.

3. flango

flango MB Club Veteran

Car:
    Mercedes SLK R171
    My experience is also bad, only good experience was using a Dension ICE unit which plugged into the ariel socket on the back of the unit on a preset frequency, going direct into the socket was an improvement but still not perfect and slight interference sometimes

4. timskemp

timskemp Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W213 E220d
    I've just been through the whole gamut of them, griffin / belkin / kensington. Since they became legal and the power output dropped they're pretty dire. If you must use one (as I must for now as I'm still loathed to spend on replacing the Audio 20) I'd go for the Kensington, got mine off ebayhttp://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-Kensingto...58350QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1713.m153.l1262 and it does the track names but if the signal fades out the Merc stereo returnes to radio 3 so you have to turn the RDS off.

Better signal in my car than the Griffin or Belkin though. And cheap enough.

5. OP
    OP
    Stuart O

Stuart O Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    C 250cdi est.
    OK - I hear you .. but do they work with the comand if you're using the sat nav option ??

I have bought the new griffin autopilot which doesnt seem too bad interference wise although not perfect its not that bad..;)

6. CiaranMcKeown

CiaranMcKeown Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    C220 CDI Black
    i was thinking of getting one of these for a tv and dvd player i am putting in the car to keep me occupied during times where im working but not very busy.

I seen a few in Maplins for around the 20 pound mark, surley they cant be too bad.

Reason be the sound from the little tv is crap to say the least and watching braveheart with .0005 watts of sound is not pleasurable.

Tags: