Fog Light Switch... but no lights !!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sym

MB Enthusiast
Car
W204 C220CDI Sport
Hi

Whilst playing with all the toys on my new car, I have found that the Headlight switch has markings and switch position for front foglights, as well as rear, but the car has no front foglights.... is this usual, or does it mean that they may have been removed at some time. Or is it just there in case I decide to have them fitted, to simplify wiring ?

Hmmmmm... odd ! Anybody know ?

Cheers,

Simon.

-----------------------------------
1999 C200 Elegance Estate
-----------------------------------

well would you believe it - you are quite right !!

Just tried it, and they are indeed integrated ! Smart idea - as the "low" bumper mounted ones tend to be very prone to stone chips / cracks. They don't seem to be extremely noticable though - do you find they are effective ?

S.

Originally posted by GDC200
Come on guys be honest tell the truth ....did you know!:D
Yes, because I read the manual after I bought it (for spare bulb purposes of course :) )

....can confirm that they are indeed effective - have just been for a little drive in the dark to test them out.

This car is full of surprises - just found out that it has electrically folding mirrors as well - bonus ! Is there any way to find out what options were fitted that I might not know about ?

S.

The new car has seperate foglights , im going to miss the integrated ones as turning on the seperate ones is a £20 fine:(

Originally posted by Sym
Is there any way to find out what options were fitted that I might not know about ?

Koolvins your man for that.

I think Shude can do that too....

Just need your Chassis number.

Last edited:
Originally posted by sym
This car is full of surprises - just found out that it has electrically folding mirrors as well - bonus ! Is there any way to find out what options were fitted that I might not know about ?
Ask your stealership, if you go into your parts dept and give them your chassis number (VIN) they will be able to bring up the options using the EPC parts computer. The options are listed as just numbers, they will know most of them but you can look the rest up on the internet (and we know a few of them too ;) ) .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom