Foglamp lens mismatch on R230

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mirras

Car
Range Rover TDV8
I recently bought a 2003 SL500 and it has two different foglamp lenses. The foglamps are both original ( A 203 820 11/12 56 ) but someone has clearly changed one of the lenses. One is non-transparrent with tightly packed vertical ridges the other is almost completely transparrent with a vertical ridge every half inch or so. Problem I have is that I can only find one part number for this lens on EPC ( genuine EPC ) even if I look at W203s etc. On some cars in EPC the lens is described as 'diffuser lens' and other cars just call it 'lens' but they both have the same part numbers A 203 826 01/02 90. I have been into my dealer but they can't find a distinct part number for the clear one which is what I need to match them up. Does anyone have a part number for the clear lens? Thanks in advance...

The part no's for the full lamp units (with the clear lenses) are:

A230 820 03 56 Off side
A230 820 04 56 Near side

Not sure if you can get the lenses themselves but I hope the part no's may help you.

A2038260190...diffuser lens left
A2038260290...diffuser lens right

They are fog lamps so should have diffused lenses.

I have had this issue.. The dealers have never managed to find the clear ones so I replace the lenses in pairs...

A2038260190...diffuser lens left
A2038260290...diffuser lens right

They are fog lamps so should have diffused lenses.

Not always so.

Cornering function fogs = clear lens

I have had this issue.. The dealers have never managed to find the clear ones so I replace the lenses in pairs...

When I look at newer cars, some have clear lenses some have diffuser, I have ordered a pair from the local dealer and I'll take my time and see if I can locate the clear part elsewhere using the OEM part numbers on the clear lens I take off. ( 301-150333-01 TN 93 SAE F00 ).

Thanks for the feedback.

Last edited:
Not always so.

The 'clear' lens on my car has some vertical diffuser lines on it but it's mainly clear.

3588540816_f9d6edc1bd_o_d.jpg

The diffuser lens is more tightly packed....

3587731597_cd717b28ac_m_d.jpg

The lamp unit behind these lenses is identical. The look of the clear lens is far better hence the reason I'm trying to locate these.

The 'clear' lens on my car has some vertical diffuser lines on it but it's mainly clear.

The lamp unit behind these lenses is identical. The look of the clear lens is far better hence the reason I'm trying to locate these.

The units are different, the early ones have a grey inner surround and no diffuser over the bulb.

Any MB parts dept should be able to order the correct part for you, the lenses are cheap, I'll post the part number when I get a chance to look at a lens.

The units are different, the early ones have a grey inner surround and no diffuser over the bulb.

Any MB parts dept should be able to order the correct part for you, the lenses are cheap, I'll post the part number when I get a chance to look at a lens.

Thanks, the units on my car both have the diffuser over the bulb as seen on the top picture. The lenses are in tomorrow so it'll be interesting to find out which type they supply.

Last edited:

Cornering fogs don't have a diffuser over the bulb.

Lenses arrived today and they are the same as the top picture thankfully.

Not always so.

There's more to proper cornering lights though - the reflector is different and they even have a different bulb.

That's why if you mod a car so the standard fit fogs come on as cornering lights then they seem pretty useless.

There's more to proper cornering lights though - the reflector is different and they even have a different bulb.

That's why if you mod a car so the standard fit fogs come on as cornering lights then they seem pretty useless.

Very true Rory, exactly why I changed my fogslights :thumb:

part numbers?

Same as my original post, A 203 826 01 90 and A 203 826 02 90 but they both have 64 after them.

Now fitted and looking good.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom