Folding Door Mirror Fault

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Naffdave

Car
2008 CLS 320 CDI and 2006 B200 CDI
Have just bought a 2006 B Class and have a fault with the passenger side door mirror.
The mirror will fold in ok but will not fold out you can hear the motor working and a clicking like something is not engaging properly.
Any ideas people.
Dave

Have just bought a 2006 B Class and have a fault with the passenger side door mirror.
The mirror will fold in ok but will not fold out you can hear the motor working and a clicking like something is not engaging properly.
Any ideas people.
Dave
Had that on my C63 recently. There is a 'stop' pin that affects the motor engagement, had to have a new mirror motor at £400 + :confused:

Just wondering if spraying a little wd40 would help the mechanism, pin etc Im sure you probably tried it already but just thought I mention as it worked on our folding mirrors on the Mazda 6 which gets sticky at times after a car wash from water ingress.

Just wondering if spraying a little wd40 would help the mechanism, pin etc Im sure you probably tried it already but just thought I mention as it worked on our folding mirrors on the Mazda 6 which gets sticky at times after a car wash from water ingress.
I cant see that really working. The whole unit is a bit loose and sloppy when in driving position but very stiff when folded in fact i cant move it when its folded have to hit the fold out button and run round the car quick to force it out while motor is running.

Hi,
I think I would begin by removing the mirror shell off of the mirror body. You need to jam a screwdriver through the back flick up the catch. There are You tube vids to explain this. Once the cover is off you can see what is, and what is not happening. Depending on how broken the part is, it might just be as easy to get a new mirror body off of Ebay. If you do not have a removable casing off of the mirror, then perhaps Ebay is again your answer.

Steve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom