Folding electric mirrors CLK 320 Conv W208

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sattie

Car
CLK 320 Advantgarde Convertible
Hi,

Sat in the car all ready to go to work and noticed that the driver side wing mirror was not right. Used the button to fold them back in and when I pressed the button to fold out the mirror kept turning. The passenger mirror was fine and it stopped in the correct position. Got out of the car to have a closer inspection and the mirror is moving freely with my hand. Everything was fine whenn I drove my car last Thursday. It looks like someone has brushed passed and knocked it and brocken something. I still have the function to move the actual mirror left, righ, up, down, tilt etc.

Is there anyway of repairing this or will I have to actually buy a new complete mirror?

Thanks

Theres a company on the net called mirror man (all one word). Theyll sell you the whole unit dirt cheap - if you dont mind a replica part

i had a similar incident today with my ML. I was driving and the driver side mirror felt loose. I opened the window, and it was moving back and forth ie. not locked to open position. the problem was fixed by closing and opening the mirrors again and the mirror was locked in place again. give it a try.

Thanks zulu boy. Had a look at the website site. Sods law hey don't do the mirrors for the CLK W208 or W209 :(

Jmal, already tried that and the mirror keeps moving past the point it should stop. Will just have to live with it until I have the money to sort out or money to buy a new car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom