Folding Hard Top (4 seater)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jadefox

Car
GLA AMG 220 CDI
My father-in-law is potenatially in the market for a cabriolet (but has to be a hard top). Has been looking at the Volvo C70, or Audi A4 and would like to consider Merc, but am I right that its only really the SLK (a 2 seater) that does a hard folding roof?

(excuse my clear ignorance :D )

The only quality proper 4 seater hardtop cabriolets available are the Volvo C70 and the new BMW 3 series, the Mercedes CLK, Audi A4 and BMW 6-series are all softtops. I believe that the new CLK and A5 cabriolets will also be soft tops.

The only quality proper 4 seater hardtop cabriolets available are the Volvo C70 and the new BMW 3 series, the Mercedes CLK, Audi A4 and BMW 6-series are all softtops. I believe that the new CLK and A5 cabriolets will also be soft tops.

I thought most manufacturers did them now. Volkswagen, Ford and Peugeot do and there must be others.

Depending on the size of person that needs to be able to fit in the rear seats there is always the Lexus SC430.

Saab 9-3
saab_9-3_convertible_2006_01.jpg

Last edited:
I drove the VW EOS 2.0T (200hp) manual.

Very nice car.

And unique because it has a sunroof built in (tilt and slide) when the hardtop is closed.

EOS would be my choice if it had to be a 4 seat hardtop.

My father-in-law is potenatially in the market for a cabriolet (but has to be a hard top). Has been looking at the Volvo C70, or Audi A4 and would like to consider Merc, but am I right that its only really the SLK (a 2 seater) that does a hard folding roof?

(excuse my clear ignorance :D )

rhtinaction.gif

Honda crx
a3bc_35.JPG

Daihatsu Copen
site_range_copen_gallery_03_large.jpg

Cadillac XLR
TopOperation.jpg

Chevrolet SSR
Chevrolet+SSR

Peugeot 301 Eclipse
pic073T.jpg

Last edited:

Very nice car.

And unique because it has a sunroof built in (tilt and slide) when the hardtop is closed.

I like the EOS, I think it looks good, has that nice panoramic roof which slides open, and the roof comes off.

I think my choice would be the 2l turbo DSG.

dave

Very nice car.

What's the rear legroom like? I am thinking specifically for a 5 yr old son or a 3x yr old wife.

What's the rear legroom like? I am thinking specifically for a 5 yr old son or a 3x yr old wife.

5 year old son would fit .. not sure what a "3x yr old wife" is, size wise

Consider the BMW too. Its the only hard top convertible thats RWD, and the petrol engines are very nice. I imagine, as the 3 series is larger, that its more spacious and ex demo ones will be well equipped.

Don't think you'll find an A4 with a hardtop. My wife's Audi 80 has a hardtop, but these were an expensive optional extra on the convertible model. :confused:

Does it really have to be a hard top?

Soft Tops these days are just as quiet and maintenance free..

CLK's are fantastic value at the moment...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom