folding mirror annoyance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tommi200

Car
CL500 -yr2005
Hi guys. My folding mirrors work fine - as Ive set them to fold when I lock the car. Usually when I unlock and open either front door the passenger mirror always only partially returns to the corrent position. Easily fixed by pressing the "unfold" button. Just cant understand why it only partially returns to normal position, as the driver mirror works perfectly. More of an annoyance really, but is there some reset protocol to tell the computer what the normal mirror positionis?

Hi guys. My folding mirrors work fine - as Ive set them to fold when I lock the car. Usually when I unlock and open either front door the passenger mirror always only partially returns to the corrent position. Easily fixed by pressing the "unfold" button. Just cant understand why it only partially returns to normal position, as the driver mirror works perfectly. More of an annoyance really, but is there some reset protocol to tell the computer what the normal mirror positionis?
Have you tried a little ptfe / silicone spray in it?

hi, can i set my mirrors to do the same? i have the c class kompressor, hate hitting the button to fold them in each time i park up, thanks,

james

Not on W202 and W208 for sure. I think it's not possible on W210 either. I usually have access to STAR Diagnose and this is not an option you can activate from software perspective. Sorry :) (anything is possible though, but I don't think it's worth adding extra custom modules for this).

Not on W202 and W208 for sure. I think it's not possible on W210 either. I usually have access to STAR Diagnose and this is not an option you can activate from software perspective. Sorry :) (anything is possible though, but I don't think it's worth adding extra custom modules for this).

what W number is my car ?? i have a c class 54 plate ?? :S

so i could set my car to fold its mirrors in automatically when i lock the car do you think ? :S

so i could set my car to fold its mirrors in automatically when i lock the car do you think ? :S

Are they currently folding manually? If so, do you have the 'press once and let go' type of button or the 'press and keep holding until fully closed/open' button?

If the 'press once and let go' button, then they could be programmed to auto-fold and extend with car lock/unlock.This requires STAR diagnostic - Alfie on this forum did this for me, try contacting him on:

Contact Comand.co.uk - Great Deals on Comand Sat Nav systems for Mercedes cars.

There are other mods Alfie can program on your car using STAR - if you give him full details of your model he will be able to tell you what can be done.

Are they currently folding manually? If so, do you have the 'press once and let go' type of button or the 'press and keep holding until fully closed/open' button?

If the 'press once and let go' button, then they could be programmed to auto-fold and extend with car lock/unlock.This requires STAR diagnostic - Alfie on this forum did this for me, try contacting him on:

Contact Comand.co.uk - Great Deals on Comand Sat Nav systems for Mercedes cars.

There are other mods Alfie can program on your car using STAR - if you give him full details of your model he will be able to tell you what can be done.

i have press and let go, to unlock, the have a button on the right to unfold mirrors :S

Top man smiddyboy1. Quick spary of PTFE lubricant and hey presto mirror always fully unfolds when I open up the doors. :eek: shold have thought of that myself. Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom