Folding mirror not folding!!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hindesbeans

Car
E220 & SLK230
Any help appriciated. Folding mirror has packed up

Only got the car on Friday, and everything was fine, went to the coast on sunday and cleaned car when got back - everthing was fine. Wednesday am cleaned car and noticed a small crack in the indicator lens which i hadnt noticed before, tested indicators and adjustment of mirror and both worked (forgot to check fold-in). Now tonight have just parked the car up but the passenger side mirror wont fold in???
Are these mirrors easy to fix / take off to see whats wrong, i dont have a manual yet
:mad:

Any help appriciated. Folding mirror has packed up

Only got the car on Friday, and everything was fine, went to the coast on sunday and cleaned car when got back - everthing was fine. Wednesday am cleaned car and noticed a small crack in the indicator lens which i hadnt noticed before, tested indicators and adjustment of mirror and both worked (forgot to check fold-in). Now tonight have just parked the car up but the passenger side mirror wont fold in???
Are these mirrors easy to fix / take off to see whats wrong, i dont have a manual yet
:mad:

Yes I can give some details in the morning, please remind me if I forget. :):)

Hello Malcolm, you told me to remind you in the morning about the mirror but i cant find any contact information for you, just hope you read this thread again

My passenger mirror isn't folding in either, it tries and makes it about an inch and then stops.

By folding the mirror in you will see a small square hole in the center of the rear end, push in the clip with a suitible tool and slide the cover off.

You need some PTFE or silicon spray (this is clean and will not damage any paint) and spray it into the swivel joint, and best done with someone operating the switch while you help it move.

If it is dead and does not move after this, then you must check that 12 volts is going to the folding motor when the switch is operated. it has been known for the wires to break as they are very thin.

See how it goes

thanks malcolm i will give it a go, but it will be saturday before i get a chance. I will let you know how i get on

Happy happy days......

went out to have a quick look this morning before my wife went to work, i bent the mirror back and forward to look inside to see if anything obvious was amiss, found nothing. But then when i tried them...

Ta daaaa

They both now fold in perfectly:bannana:

Thanks for the advice Malcolm

Danny

On a related note: Mine fold in & out but do not adjust from inside . . . .

Any Ideas ??

cheers
rob

Can anyone explain why my mirrors fold but do not adjust?? I dont think there is a seperate fuse :confused:
Didnt see the point in starting a new thread for a related issue :rolleyes:

cheers
rob

PS i wonder what the carbon footprint is per thread :confused: :confused:

Can anyone explain why my mirrors fold but do not adjust?? I dont think there is a seperate fuse :confused:
Didnt see the point in starting a new thread for a related issue :rolleyes:

cheers
rob

PS i wonder what the carbon footprint is per thread :confused: :confused:

See what I can find later in the day

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom